For two of the three days we booked there was a wedding, which meant that as a paying guest you couldn't have access to the lounge,bar or terrace. You were either expected to be confined to your room or to go elsewhere to eat or drink, which is wholly unacceptable. Also I don't really want to be disturbed during the early hours by raucous wedding guests partying or having a fight. There is clearly a problem with over booking. We reserved a room with caldera view but ended up at the back of the hotel, the same thing had happened to the couple next door. The whole point of going to Santorini is for the view. The manger offered a move to another hotel for one night which was apparently superior but then turned out to be unavailable within half an hour, so basically on a short trip your stuck with what they give you. When you look at the photos on the website & see that it's part of the small luxury hotels of the world, you expect luxury. Unfortunately that isn't what you get. The rooms are basic,the outside furniture needs replacing & the surrounding area leaves a lot to be desired. It's also very damp.As for the spa, nothing worked properly & apparently it was my fault for not informing them when actually I would expect the management to do their job. This was a wholly disappointing experience & I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece