“A wonderful location, with excellent service”

La Maltese Estate Villa
Ranked #47 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We arrived to La Maltese just before the season started this week and was a break for myself and husband to get away and relax for a week. The location is stunning and the staff were amazing. Brilliant customer service and they couldn't do enough to help. It was a bizarre week for weather - some hail storm when we arrived which quickly cleared up, some intense winds that eventually went away and some glorious sunshine. Food was excellent both in the hotel and in the surrounding restaurants. Met some lovely people whilst staying here. Rooms were kept clean every day. Excellent manager Adelina (probably spelt wrong) with a great team behind her especially George and his cocktails! I rarely write on trip advisor but I felt the team did an excellent job and made our holiday at La Maltese a great experience despite the weather! Guy

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rlodge5

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Hotel is simply beautiful and the view is unbeatable. We just came back and loved every minute of our stay. We stayed in one of their two-room suites with a direct view of the Caldera. Highly recommend the upgrade. Our room was super spacious, the breakfasts were good, the amenities were plenty and the staff was simply amazing. Our two kids were us and they went out of their way to make the little ones delighted. They also taught us all about the Greek Easter traditions and invited us to partake in the activities too. The hotel was quiet and the perfect distance from the bustling,noisy Fira. We walked to Fira several times a day with no issues.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a full Caldera view, The room with the private pool would be noisier as it is right at...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed April 18, 2014

A genuinely wonderful hotel beautifully situated at the highest point on the Santorini caldera with glorious views, especially of the fabulous sunset.

A small but outstanding staff for whom nothing, (including a 2130 checkout) seemed too much trouble.
Wonderful breakfasts and a truly superb dinner menu.

And excellent early season value A number of local restaurants make it possible to ring the changes for eating out.

Room Tip: There is quite a large range of room sizes - preferably go for a room with a view but our room with...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from here and it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in . staff were friendly , service top notch and the hotel is ideally situated on top of the caldera . decor is cool and well done and the food was so good I had lobster twice as it was one of the best I have tasted . I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank paullondonse
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed at La Matese Estate Villa last summer, and I must say that this one of the most friendly end service minded hotels I have been to before. THe quality of the service, the staff, everyone was extremely professional all the time, any time of the day. The hotel were very clean, and when I came back from the fitness center they had already cleaned my room!
There is not much more to say other than I am speechless, and I do know what hotel I am staying in when I return to Greece - La Maltese Estate VIlla, pure perfection!

Best regards

Regular and satisfied guest, Torbjørn Moklev Bae

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Another example of not returning a cancellation fee! I cancelled via phone call a month prior to the reservation and they charged me anyway. When discussing with them, they essentially called me a liar! I can only imagine how they treat their guests. The arrogance was astounding. There are too many choices in Santorini to risk going to a hotel that lies to customers in order to make a buck.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
20  Thank Golemri
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Make sure your travel plans are FIRM. We made a reservation at La Maltese for travel in November based on the beautiful pictures and good customer reviews. Unfortunatly, about 2 months before, our travel plans changed. We called the hotel and canceled our reservation. Imagine my surprise when I received a $1500 charge on my MasterCard in November. I called the hotel to dispute, and they said they had no record of my cancelation. I then pulled my phone records and sent them the proof that I had called. They said they would take it under review. I was then informed that they only take cancelations in writing (hmm...convenient, and perhaps they should have told me that over the phone?). They have the nerve to refuse to refund my money, and instead have offered a "credit" at their hotel. Why would I go to their hotel now? These people are scam artists just out to make an easy dollar. If you book travel here, make sure your travel plans are firm, otherwise you will end up paying for it anyway.

Room Tip: Don't go
Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Brynne K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Dreams Luxury Suites
#26 of 51 in Imerovigli
Cocoon Suites
Cocoon Suites
#19 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to La Maltese Estate Villa? Share your experiences!