After looking at their website I was really looking forward to staying here, even taking into account the terrible reviews. This hotel should not be a 5*. Starting on a positive - the views were indeed amazing, once you learnt not to look in the direction of the cables or the quarter finished derelict building next door. Adelina remained professional even though her and the few staff were run ragged. Service very slow but once you got it, professional. The reception/dining/lounge (strange but true) clean and chic. Outside bar area, seating and pool - great. The location is good - being almost in the middle of the island. Now for the negatives - I expect hot water at all times, surely this is a basic? To have a cold water shower three nights on the trot is NOT acceptable. After complaining I was told it would be fixed straight away - it wasn't. I only had a hot shower one night out of a seven night stay. Bathroom is not up to 5* rating. There was hanging space for clothes, but only half a dozen hangers for two people, good job I always pack more. However, all my underwear, bikinis, t shirts etc had to be put on a small trolley - no chest of drawers. My husband had to line his clothes up in piles on the floor! Some days the bed wasn't even made. Why doesn't someone remove the disgusting, rusting & unused Jacuzzi below the pool? This hotel really does have to decide if it is a wedding venue or a hotel for holidaymakers. It cannot do both at the same time. Three weddings whilst we were there, two of them were small/intimate affairs and were over and done with relatively quickly. One wedding took over the entire public areas for most of the afternoon and all of the night. This is unacceptable. This hotel should only be rated, at the most, a 4*. We didn't experience double bookings of rooms, but other guests staying the same time did - this seems to be a recurring problem. It is such a shame, as alot of the above is easily corrected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece