La Maltese provided us with beautiful surroundings for our spring trip in April. We stayed in a junior suite with a stunning view over the vulcano. The decoration was sparse, but luxurious, classical and complemented the white, stone walls and floors perfectly. The interior strikes an elegant balance between being personal and classical and is very tasteful as well as suited to the location and scenery.
The spa area was lovely and simple, the breakfast room lush and comfortable. The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and courteous. In particular, Adelina (I presume, the m' de maison) made us feel that nothing was too much and made sure we were well looked after.
With a storm hitting the isle, we took part in a wine tasting at the hotel with some other guests and can without hesitation recommend it.
The only reasons for why La Maltese does not reach full scores in this review are that, firstly, the suite is build for the heat of summer and as such was a little moist and cold during our 5 night stay. Secondly, we did miss having access to a in-house fitness, however, there is a exercise bicycle in the spa area. Thirdly, although La Maltese is beautifully place at one of the highest points of Santorini, the surroundings are not as charming or lively as those you may find if you choose to stay in Oia or Fira. On the bright side, this does mean that the surroundings are serene and perhaps (at least in April) less noisy and Fira is only a 15 minut walk away on a lovely little food path.
We will look forward to return to La Maltese when life allows as it was without doubt one of the best hotels we have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece