My wife and I have just returned from 12 nights staying at Afroessa Hotel on our honeymoon and can honestly say it was the most perfect choice for our trip. The location in Imerovigli is great, the view of the Caldera and sunset from our balcony was stunning, second to none on the island, and there are some lovely local restaurants. The local area is very peaceful and relaxed, but it is a nice 30 min stroll away from the main town in Fira if you want something more lively - we didn't hire a car or scooter for the whole time we were on the island and got on fine with walking and using the excellent bus service around the island to places like Oia and Perissa.
The main plus point about this hotel however is the personal service provided by Joanna and the whole staff at the hotel. It has a small, intimate feel and everyone was so helpful - the rooms are immaculately clean, the bar staff by the pool are great, and Joanna gave us some consistently excellent recommendations for things to do and places to eat, and was more than happy to make bookings and reservations for us.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough for the perfect views, the wonderful staff and the great experience you will have if you choose it. 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece