The hotel seems a little out of the way when we first arrive but were lost for words when we saw the view at the hotel as we checked in only about 9pm. The view at the hotel was breath taking and amazing.
Eddy was really helpful with our luggage and the manager Ioanna had been very pleasant throughout our 3 nights stay. She's very motherly and extremely helpful with our transfer to airport, giving us key information when we check in. Most of all, as our flight out of Santorini was at night, she allowed us to check out much later. She even gave us a bottle of white wine on our second day to welcome us.
After visiting Fira and Oia (although we enjoyed the scenery of sunset better than in Imerovigli) staying in Afroessa was the best choice. It was much less crowded with more privacy.
Everything was great during our stay except the heater was not working and we were so cold during the first night, but they arranged to fix it very quickly.
We stayed in Room5 and was a little small to open 2 luggages at a time, but it was value for money overall. There are bigger room at different prices though.
Definitely, we strongly recommend this hotel if you're staying at Santorini!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece