My wife and I stayed at the Afroessa in August 2011 for four nights and I can't say enough good things about the experience (even though I'm just now posting in Jan 2013). We had one of the larger rooms, perched slightly above the pool, and it was plenty private with a sitting area and a deck where we could enjoy ouzo and stunning sunsets. Aliki and her team took all the extra steps to make us feel welcome and at home -- the cafe had decent breakfast and coffee and was really all we needed. It's a bit of a hike to the main part of Imerovigli, but walking off a meal while taking in the views is something I'd categorize as a "good problem" to say the least. I highly recommend Afroessa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece