All reviewsthe cliffour honeymoonprivate balconyperfect locationhotel arrangedfira and oiawine tourwould highly recommend this hotelamazing viewssmall kitchenwatching the sunsethotel is situatedgreek saladpool sidesantorini experiencelook no furtherrental car
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Words can not express the joyful emotion my husband and myself have for this amazing place. This was our first time to Santorini and it will not be our last. We fell in love with the passionate people of this spellbound Greek island. And Afroessa Hotel was the reason why. From the very beginning Aliki was there ! Her kindness and patience was "First Class". Aliki guided us the whole trip, from emails,phone calls, airport pickup/drop off and departure. Not to mention everything in between. The staff was perfect and kind and I know it's because of the owner Ioanna. We consider her family and we teared up leaving her and Aliki on our departure. This special place represents a vision and desire to please each person with the utmost of Greek hospitality and in our view is unsurpassed. While others stay for shorter visits due to viisting other islands. We were there for 6 days. And didn't want to leave !! Each room has it's own personality and true Greek influence and a perfect view of the Caldera. (We were in room # 2) We had always heard that Oia was the place to stay. But our minds were qiuckly changed. AFROESSA Hotel is the place !!! There is NOTHING the staff will not do for you. Just ask, Aliki will make it happen. We are planning a return because I left my heart there. What more can I say? Just Go !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I first visited Santorini in 2010. I am so sorry this review is so late! The staff was excellent and helpful. The location perfect bc not in the most touristy area. The view is absolutely breathtaking. I prefer it over Oia and Fira bc it is a little quieter and sunset even more amazing. A friend and I stayed for three nights. The rooms were very nice with cute little breakfast table in front. The pool area excellent for a quick dip. We spent time reading books, drinking wine, while enjoying view. Santorini is best for this--just relaxing. I arranged for my parents and aunt and uncle (in their 70s), to stay here last month. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate them. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking such good care of them and planning excursions to them. I will continue to recommend you to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have recently shared a number of emails with Aliki at the Afroessa Hotel in Santorini.
She was a fabulous help in arranging accommodation for my daughter and her girlfriend Sarah to stay in September this year.
Unfortunately, due to the very unexpected death of Sarah's brother in a plane accident, it was neccesary to cancel the booking shortly after it being made and deposit paid for.
Without question, Aliki refunded in full the deposit paid.
We were extremely grateful for this service and understanding by Aliki.
We will recommend Afroessa Hotel to all our friends for its care and customer service they provide and hope we will one day be able to meet the owners and stay with them in Santorini.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ushy
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel!. Stunning views, beautiful rooms and excellent service. Nothing was a bother to the staff, in fact we felt as though they were our family in Santorini. It was so enjoyable that it made it difficult to want to explore the rest of the island. If however, we did end up leaving the pool side or our room, the location was great and easily accessible to Fira. The views at sunset were one of a kind. Would highly recommend staying here and can not say enough about how good the staff were.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Afroessa is totally the perfect Santorini hotel! You don't need to stay in Oia to get the views of the caldera & sunset - they are right here at Afroessa. We stayed here at the end of June 2012. We were blown away by the view from this hotel - gorgeous - everything we were hoping for! Comfortable rooms, VERY accommodating staff, everyone speaks great English. The breakfast here is really good and affordable compared to the other places we ate on the island. There is a little convenience store VERY nearby where you can buy anything you forgot or snacks and drinks for the beach. There are also some great tavernas and restaurants within walking distance. The pool here is beautiful although we spent all of our time on beaches and never even got to use it. The staff at Afroessa also helped us rent a car which was the easiest rental car experience EVER - she called the rental company (Gem) and the guy brought the car to us and did all the paperwork with us there on the hotel's patio. I definitely recommend renting a car - it's a small island - easy to navigate and with your own car you can see everything on your own time! I would stay at Afroessa again for sure! Pictures on hotel website and here on TripAdvisor are accurate but really don't do it justice. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that they were not there at the airport to pick us up, but outside of the airport we asked around and found someone who took us there for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple