We spent 10 nights here recently after getting a pretty good deal, and had, overall, a reasonable experience. On the plus side, the breakfast was magnificent and the staff were very pleasant. The packaged massage was excellent.
On the slightly disappointing side, the superior Caldera view room was actually a room with a Caldera view patio, not quite the same. We had one night where the heavens opened and we had masses of thunder and lighting, I'm sure it would have make a great spectacle looking out over the caldera, unfortunately from our room window all we could see was the laundry room. (Regards the weather - it was October and on the whole, much nicer than we'd expected despite the one horrendous night).
The laundry room was rather noisy, not a problem for me with the constant whirring and beeping of machines, but the better half is a light sleeper and did struggle a little with the noises.
Another strange thing - to us at least - was the room had a large area set aside for a whirlpool bath - but the shower was -, let's say' highly compact'. I'd be surprised if we're unusual in showering frequently, and bathing rarely when holidaying. As such it seemed a strange configuration,
On the very poor side, we found we had no water one day - we couldn't get any information on when it was likely to be fixed, so headed off out for a few hours, intending (hoping) to get a shower when we got back before heading back out for the evening. On our return the room was like a bomb site with four workmen in there - it seemed the main pump for water in to the hotel had failed and was situated in a cupboard in our room. Although the lads were virtually finished at that point and only needed another half hour or so to finish up, I did mean our bathroom had been unusable for the best part of the day, and if we'd been around in fact the whole room for several hours, a there was a distinct lack of information forthcoming regards the situation, which was disappointing. (A complimentary coffee and some bottled water for washing would have been welcome as well).
All in all, I'd risk staying here again, but only at the same good deal and if I could definitely avoid room 19, (plus water pump, adjacent laundry room and lack of a caldera facing window) and would request room 20 or 21.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little hotel On The Rocks, 200 meters above the Caldera basin, in the famous village of Imerovigli, 10 minutes from the island's capital, Fira town. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 10 km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. Room Facilities All Rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, fax upon request,direct dial phone, safe deposit boxes, mini bar, hair dryer. Profile: On The Rocks has 24 hrs Front Desk, Swimming Pool, Pool Bar and Restaurant, Free wi-fi access. Guest Services: Front Desk, Bell Boy service, Travel Desk, Personal Concierge,Room Service, Daily maid service, Turn down service. Spa Facilities: On The Rocks Spa Room with Indoor Jacuzzi and massage treatments realized by experienced professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your On The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Rocks Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocks Santorini
- On The Rocks Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece