“Great Hotel!”
Review of On The Rocks

On The Rocks
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked the hotel through the official website. Before going though I read the reviews here and I was was disappointed by my choice. After arriving at the hotel I realize that the choice I made was great. The room was big, cute, clean with an island touch and the view amazing. The only minus is that the balconies are not private. I did not think at any point that the TV was not in a full view from bedroom, cause really you are not going to Santorini to watch TV!!!! The location of the hotel is lovely, quiet and in short distance for Firostefani and Fira. Bus station is just 2 minutes away. Don't miss the small path leading to Fira by foot which gives you the real sense of the island. Breakfast was good but not rich. Service was excellent and the cleaning ladies were giving their best. Overall we had no problems whatsoever, everything went smoothly and if i ever find a deal for this hotel again i would definitely visit it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank laura_cy

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Like others, we were double booked on this hotel. Our kids stayed in this one, while we stayed in Hotel Iconic next door (more on that below). Room smelled like mold, electricity went out two out of the three nights. Wifi was awful. Staff unhelpful, breakfast was poor. Cannot believe this was rated a five star hotel. There are no elevators so be prepared to walk steep flights with no railings. Private pool was shoddy at best and located poorly. TV up front in poor position to see, couldn't see from bedroom. Stay at next door Hotel Iconic (where we stayed). One of the best hotels in Santorini. Pass on the rocks, stay at Iconic.

Room Tip: If you really are set on staying here, ask for a room closer to the edge of the sea and closer to th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Bob M
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A friend and I stayed at On The Rocks in mid July. We booked our room directly through their site. As stated we were promised breakfast on the balcony, and welcome wine and fruit.

Staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 14, which was just above the pool and snack bar. Our balcony was right in front of our door. All I can say is that I felt like the Flintstones staying in the room. The television was just in front of the entrance which I found odd, since our bed was further down in the long room. There were no towels in the bathroom except two towels folded on our bed. The shower was close to the window that faced that balcony. An average sized male would find it difficult showering in the space since the height of the ceiling was really low. There was also a musty smell in the room that would be remedied only when the air conditioning was on.

The only things I liked about the hotel was the view, and the breakfast on the balcony, although breakfast did arrive a half hour late and another time with the incorrect order.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked our stay at On The Rocks through Costco. It was different than we had expected, but in a good way. The room was so cute and perfect for an island-like feel. The staff was so helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we had the best stay. And the view was the most gorgeous view we had ever seen! We traveled throughout Europe on that trip and Santorini became our favorite place! We would recommend On The Rocks to anyone. We have already told a lot of our friends about our amazing experience there!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is, by far, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. We were promised a Junior suite for which they charged us $400/night (peak season), but when we showed up, it was a small college dorm room which would fit only one short person. The manager apologized by saying he double booked, and promised to move to a better room next day. Even when we moved to the 2nd room, there was no hot water for our entire stay. Santorini is a drop-dead gorgeous place and you should definitely see it. However, the place is full of hotels - there is absolutely no excuse to stay at On the Rocks. Fighting with Costco to drop it from their list and am staying waiting for my full refund. Hope, this is helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank World2C4u
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booked and paid for 5 nights. 2,500 euros. Staff especially the Manager were absolute amateurs. Service was non existent. They Forgot to service the room. no towels or soap. when we asked for service, staff would just come in without knocking while my wife and I were undressed or in the bathroom. To make matters worse I became very ill from their breakfast and called a doctor who advised the hotel as well.. Bad dose of gastro from food poisoning. Was ill for over a week. They leave your breakfast on trays outside your suite but the cats lick it before you can get to it. They did nothing about it and then also tried to move me from my room while I was ill in bed for two days with the excuse they had double booked and had upgraded me for the first nights but now they had honeymooners coming in!!! Shame on you Mr Sakis (manager). It is people like you who have ruined Greece's economy. We travel the world and stay in the best hotels including Savoy, Hermitage Monaco, St Regis everywhere. George V Paris and let me tell you after 20 years of travel On The Rocks Hotel gets the "On The Rocks Award" for rock bottom!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Janiyani
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The only thing this hotel had to offer was an amazing view. Nothing else! We were put into room #2 which was more suited for a single short person. The second day we asked for a room change due to the bad sewage smell that was inside our room, we were told they would let us know about a room change but never heard from the front desk. Breakfast was not up to par with other 4 star hotels.

Room Tip: We can't comment on the other rooms but make sure you stay away from room #2. All rooms have a C...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple