We were moved to this hotel and so got a good deal - it's a really lovely boutique hotel right on the caldera, with stunning views. They're pretty much enough to ensure any stay is amazing.
The staff are great and will do as much as possible to help without being too much. We've never experienced such attentive help.
The rooms are lovely too - grey and white, v boutiquey and the beds are amazing! But they do smell! The plumbing in Greece is different to the UK but as I think others have mentioned there is a definite smell of sewage that gets worse overnight once no
air circulates. We didn't let it bother us but if i'd paid the high rack rate it would have bothered me a lot.
The breakfasts were a definite hit and miss - out of three breakfasts there wasnt one that came as we ordered. There was always something missing and often several things! (The hot drinks always seemed to be cold too). But you got it on your balcony with those caldera views so not worth complaining too much!
The other niggle was the ratio of sun beds to guests - the loungers are amazing but they're doubles and there's only 6 of them for the 17 or so rooms. We felt like we had to get up v early to get one and there was only 1 umbrella which for my fair skinned other half is a necessity! It would help if there were sunbeds on the balconies - more private and would ensure there are enough!
There was a certain lack of privacy generally - the walkways go by your room door so you can hear people coming and going. (And they can hear you). Plus, as said, the sunbeds are v close. Space is of course at a premium there but this might not be ideal if you're looking for a romantic break! Although the location is superb and very romantic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little hotel On The Rocks, 200 meters above the Caldera basin, in the famous village of Imerovigli, 10 minutes from the island's capital, Fira town. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 10 km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. Room Facilities All Rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, fax upon request,direct dial phone, safe deposit boxes, mini bar, hair dryer. Profile: On The Rocks has 24 hrs Front Desk, Swimming Pool, Pool Bar and Restaurant, Free wi-fi access. Guest Services: Front Desk, Bell Boy service, Travel Desk, Personal Concierge,Room Service, Daily maid service, Turn down service. Spa Facilities: On The Rocks Spa Room with Indoor Jacuzzi and massage treatments realized by experienced professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your On The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Rocks Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocks Santorini
- On The Rocks Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece