“Perfect”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The crew at Artemis villas are great! Travelled with my family of four and 82 year old mother (note: this property, and location, requires constant stair climbing and descending to truly enjoy...not appropriate for the un-fit). The front desk folks could not be more responsive, knowledgable and friendly. Always prepared with great recommendations and eager to do the booking for you (rental cars, ferry tickets, dinner reservations, etc.).

The housekeeping and service personnel were also first class. Very attentive. Each night when we returned to our room, there was a perfect towel sculpture on each bed (swans, elephant, flower). The breakfast service in our suite was ample and delicious.

And the setting is spectacular. West facing cliff with gorgeous sunsets, over-looking an ancient mountain village ruin (worth the hike to see the completely hidden church on the far side).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Artemis Villas

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything was perfect about our stay at Artemis, from making the reservation and getting picked up at the port to our welcome drinks - a bottle of champagne on our private balcony - and getting help with dinner recommendations and reservations and all the other tiny details in between. My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite and loved the staff's thoughtful attention to detail at every turn - even lunch on the balcony or surprise treats at the pool were delivered with the guests' comfort in mind. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and we felt like so relaxed and at ease while there. Artemis was the one hotel splurge we gave ourselves during our trip to Greece and we're glad we did - we'd happily stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbarry524
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here in July for 5 nights, We had a junior suite with spa and our friends had the same beside us, one level down from the poo, so recommend these rooms. From the moment we arrived in which our transfer from port was arranged by Chris everything was perfect. Chris and his staff are amazing. Welcome drinks and treats on the first night and every night after that at sunset a surprise drink or dessert would be delivered to you on the balcony. I have never had my room cleaned so well and everyday petals left in the room and on the bed and a our towels made into a new design much to my son's delight. Ed was up to the pool with ice creams and cold water for the kids and us within moments of arriving. The location and view is perfect for watching the sun set, you can walk to Fira and we did the hike to Oia from here as well. Can't recommend this place enough and would come back every year if not so far from Australia. Treat yourself and book this place you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The location, the views, the service all as others had all indicated are the most unbelievable. Having a pool and a deck above almost every other building around you was a great retreat after a day out.

We stayed in room 114, which had two terraces, a small one, tucked away just outside the door, which was hidden from view and a great place to sit late a night and the balcony terrace, which was the best place to watch the sunset.

The rooms are fantastic, the bedding, the cleanliness, a fridge and free water every day.
The 7pm drinks (cakes not such a hit for us) that came around are a real treat, setting you up for the sunset to follow an hour or so later.
The breakfast is great, but if you are not hungry, free coffee and cake was served on your terrace every morning.
The pool and the decking, great place to sunbath, take a dip and relax.

Other things to know:

Get the hotel to sort out your transfer, its great value and lovely to see your name on a board in arrivals.
Forget those heels ladies, and get sparkly flats instead, the ground is to unstable for anything else (we tried it trust me!)
The walk to Fira takes 30 minutes from the hotel, all downhill. Get the bus back, it's cheap and they run every 20 minutes.
Don't worry about Oia for sunset, Imerovigli is higher, so you see the last of the sun each evening.
There are loads of fantastic places to eat, within a 5 minute stroll, but no real nice wine bars, so enjoy your pre dinner drink looking at the view from your terrace, then stroll for dinner. Coming back for post dinner night cap, back on your terrace.
If you like a Cosmo, order one for sunset, the go hand in hand.

A great place, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view. Room 114 for two terraces
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank steves_been
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the frist time in a while I have been really excited about writing a review. Firstly this year has been a year of amazing travels and had the opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons in the Maldives and the Burj Dubai to name a few - I know you are thinking "and your point is". Artemis Villas is simply better. Grammar is not my strength and whatever I write simply won't do them justice on actually how good it was.

We were picked up as planned at the airport and had a great driver kindly pointing out anything and everything on the way to the Villas. We arrive and our bags are whisked away as we walk down to our room. Chris the owner was waiting to welcome us and explain the rooms and how it all works. First impressions and i'm thinking what a slick operation with a bunch of very personable people. We are tired and hungry with two your girls 6 and 9 wanting dinner. Chris takes control and we are booked into a fabulous restaurant some 50 metres away "Mezze". The breakfast on the deck is simply superb with a view to die for and for a mere 8 - 10 Euro it will last you all day. Someone once said it’s impossible to take a bad photo in Santorini and I do tend to agree even after a few cocktails The lunches are exquisite and each afternoon we would receive a nice treat like Pancotta & Champagne complimentary or some other delight. Chris's wife found out our girl was anaphylactic to egg so went to huge bother to actually source a recipe to make an egg free crepe - Have to mention it's the first time my daughter has ever had a crepe.

We enjoyed this place like no other – If I was to revisit I just couldn't allow myself to stay anywhere else. The location is perfect and his team of six are amazing with nothing to much bother. I could go on for hours possibly days but to sum it up “It’s as good as it gets” Chris you must be incredibly proud of creating a piece of heaven with a team of staff like no other.

If my staff were as efficient as yours Chris I would wake up every morning and high five myself – well done

Chris recommended Anogi (Restaurant) which is just behind the villas and was definitely our favorite eatery but you must book.

All in all it was a very memorable break made all the more better by Chris, Angela and the entire team and for that I thank you 

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank paulos1
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff at Artemis Villas are simply excellent every single day. They are hospitable, friendly, and professional. The views of the caldera are terrific - the sunset view is miles better than anything we saq in Oia. Plus, you recieve and free drink or treat each evening during the sunset if you are around. In my opinion, Imerovigli is the best spot for a quiet stay since you can easily walk to several great restaurants nearby (try Anori and La Maison) and Fira is about 15-20 minutes down the path. You can hike (2 hours) or bus (20 minutes) to Oia. The town itself has everything but is not as touristy as Fira and Oia.

Chris and Angela went out of their way to make our honeymoon special with complimentary surprises. I'd strongly recommend this hotel for anyone, particularly for interested honeymooners.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staying here is simply a joy. The service is the best I have ever experienced, so attentive and friendly. The location is second to none, arriving at the hotel at sunset we just stopped in our tracks and marvelled at the view. Breakfast on the balcony is fit for a king and the best way to wake up. The location is great as it is quiet but close enough to the main towns and a number of top class restaurants. Couldn't recommend more!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
Atrina Canava 1894
The Vasilicos
The Vasilicos
#8 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!