“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I had taken a break after 3 years and we always wanted to visit Santorini Islands. We read together a lot of reviews and finally zeroed on this property.

The property's location is amazing- just on the caldera. However it is not meant for people who have difficulty in climbing as the rooms are actually on the cliff and it is quite a walk to the rooms. There are other properties too and the boundaries seem to be a little confusing as the room next to you may not belong to this property. However this is made up by the hospitality of the couple who own it.

We had taken the White Suite and it lived up to its name. The whole interior was white and the rooms and the living room were spacious. The bathroom was clean and functional. I saw water tanks coming in every other day for regular water supply. The water was hard and one seemed to have rough hair. This was however made up by the generous supplies of bottled water which you could use.

The kitchenette was well equipped and we had a great time cooking.

Internet wifi concectivity is an issue and the signal is very weak. We were provided a separate signal booster which did help but the signal strength was far from desirable.

The bed and bathroom linen was clean. Everyday they had a special bed made with the towels in shape of heart, etc. this was quite sweet of them.

They served surprised drinks n one of the days and it was more than welcome.

The view from the verandah was amazing. The Adrian Sea was very calm and the volcano looked majestic. The sunsets were breathing and we personally felt that it was better then Oia.

The owner husband was very helpful and guided us for each day of the 4 nights that we spent with local sight seeing and cuisine.

The walks to Fira island was very refreshing but tiring. The meals that we had at Fira was excellent and so were local artefacts that we bought on our way.

All in all this place can be recommended as we had a very pleasant stay and would like to return again to this same property.

Cheers,,,

8 Thank ajitdeepa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011. I am just finally getting around to writing a review, but that just shows how much this place and its stellar service stick in your mind! We ended up being able to take this trip on pretty short notice, but due to a cancellation they were able to accommodate us in a studio the first couple nights and then in the White Suite. The studio is lovely and perfectly wonderful; the White Suite offers perhaps a bit more privacy and definitely more space, for a higher rate. We would be thrilled to return and stay in either one. I think other reviewers have covered the delicious breakfasts and sunset treats, the charming and incredibly helpful owners and staff, the ideal location, and of course the show-stopping views, so let me just give a quick example of these folks going above and beyond. We went on a hike during our stay, and by some odd fluke I got stung by a bee. I am mildly allergic, so we had to head to the doctor. My husband asked Chris and Angela about getting a cab to take us, and Chris insisted on driving us -- along with Artemis, his mother-in-law who is a former nurse but speaks I think exclusively Greek -- to the ER. Not only that, they came inside the hospital, made sure we were taken care of, and further insisted on waiting there until we were all set, and then stopping for us to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy en route back to the hotel. We were mind-blown at how well these people care for their guests. It really is a special place, and we look forward to returning someday. In the meantime, we certainly recommend it to all of our friends and anyone looking for a relaxing stay in one of the most beautiful and romantic places on earth!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Minne35
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Artemis Villas in a superior suite to celebrate our anniversary. It was absolutely romantic, charming, and clean. The view and sunsets from our balcony were like a dream? The courteous, friendly, prompt, professional service was exemplary! Everything, from the reservations, to the check-in/check-out, to the concierge, to the servers and the extra special amenities. They arranged transportation to and from the airport, arranged tours, and restaurants. We couldn't have asked for more!

I would highly recommend Artemis Villas to anyone!

1 Thank AtlantaAdventurer
kiama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This review comes in a little late as we stayed for 7 nights in early september. We had been dreaming of staying at Artemis Villas for a few years as quite a number of friends had stayed before so we knew all about the wonderful service that you could expect there. We were two couples and stayed in the two junior suites at the top of the property. We chose Santorini and Artemis to celebrate our friends 60th Birthday. When we arrived and got out of the transfer vehicle it was a truley OMG!! moment when we saw the view that was to be ours for the next week, so many wonderful hours looking at that view !!! A small family run villa hotel that so gets everything right, the housekeeping staff were outstanding, everything you could possibly want. Yes, so much has been said before about the attentive service that Chris and Angela give here from the treats and cocktails to providing us with the best breakfast, cake and champagne on my friends birthday, and all on the house !!!!! Loved the accommodation, the pool area , the only request I might have would be a umbrella on our patio but I think it could be difficult because you are so far up it may blow away !!!! not one single complaint , I think we got luxury location, accommodation and service but did not pay luxury prices... many thanks to everyone at Artemis Villas from Kim, Ian , Julie and Brian (birthday boy)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bali065
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow. Just wow. I can already tell that I'm going to run out of superlatives by the end of this review. I am terrible at actually getting round to writing reviews and although I am late doing so, I promised myself I would write one for Artemis because it really was great. My wife and I chose Greece for our honeymoon in mid-September 2012 and after three nights in Athens, we came to Santorini for a further 11. Firstly, location: having spent a relatively long time on Santorini (most other people we met were doing max 5 nights as part of an island-hopping tour) Imerovigli seems the best place to stay. Thira is always packed and busy and Oia is quaint but so small that it doesn't take many people to make it... packed and busy. Stay in Imerovigli and you can visit both easily. We did a 2.5 hour walk to Oia from the hotel on one day - absolutely beautiful but take hats, suncream and lots of water, it's hot! It seemed the hotel thought of everything. It's the little touches like bringing round complimentary water in the heat of the day and the sunset treat (a dessert or drink) every night to go with the views. And the views: ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Every photo I have looks like it's been taken from a holiday brochure, it's that good. Chris and Angela (I think his wife was called Angela, sorry if that's wrong!) were welcoming, helpful and friendly. One night there was a small problem with the hot tub on our balcony. It really was no big deal but they were so apologetic, offering us use of a tub in an empty room and giving us a free bottle of champagne.

The hotel food was very reasonable and delicious - it's mainly snacks like Greek salad and sandwiches but if you want a bigger meal their associated restaurant is pretty good - they take you there and back in a taxi free of charge. Also definitely try Anogi which is about 2 minutes from the hotel. Usually my wife and I do quite 'action-packed' holidays, but this being a honeymoon there were some days where we were content just to relax by the pool. Having consequently spent lots of time in the hotel, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Other highlights of our trip that I must write separate reviews for: wine tasting with Santorini Wine Roads, scuba diving with Aegean divers and hiring an ATV to zip around the island. Pick Santorini and Artemis and I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sjduggan84
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

we just returned from out stay in Santorini and I want to thank Chris and all the staff at Artemis Villas for really making our stay so pleasant.

It was probably the best place to stay in terms of value for money and the views from the balcony were stunning, the rooms were nice and airy, quite big and welcoming!

2 Thank AlegraTravels
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were taken care of from beginning to end. Everyone that works there is kind and friendly. We were given a place to stay until our room became available and again after we checked out which was above and beyond our expectations. The bathroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The location was ideal for what we wanted. There is a quietness that makes the view even more magical. We hope to come back again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 48 in Imerovigli
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Astra Suites
#1 of 82 in Fira
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#15 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!