“Perfect Santorini experience”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Santorini experience”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We just finished 4 days of our honeymoon at Artemis. Thank you so much to Chris, Angela and the team for facilitating such an amazing experience. Artemis Villas is a family-run place in a fantastic location - it gave us the real cliffside Santorini experience. The location is great - very central if you want to get to Fira or Oia as it's right on the walking path but also has car rental agencies and parking very close by. To be honest though, we spent most of our time either on our balcony, in the spa or by the pool! The staff at Artemis are fantastic, the rooms are comfy and clean, and the recommendations from Chris & Angela for dinners and wineries were excellent. The complimentary sunset wine & snacks, as well as the ice creams by the pool also went down very well! I highly recommend this hotel. Make sure you get the full breakfast on the balcony - it's well worth it.

Room Tip: If available, get a spa room. Higher-up rooms might be more private too.
2 Thank Jamie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband, three boys and I stayed at Artemis Villas in July. I was a little wary bringing the three boys as I think of Santorini as a "honeymoon Island” While it is, we truly enjoyed Artemis Villas and the Island as a family. Chris, Gazi and the staff were awesome, always friendly, always smiling. Chris was very helpful with suggestions of beaches, restaurants etc. He took our family needs into consideration and was always spot on. The kids really got a kick out of the towel animals that were left every day along with the refreshments in the evenings. We enjoyed the small kitchen and fresh fruit basket along with the coffee maker and other amenities! The view from this Villa is Unbelievable! We found ourselves staying on the terrace as much as possible! We truly felt at home at Artemis Villas.
If (or when) we come back to Santorini, I will definitely book at Artemis!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ak0607
Zurrieq, Malta
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our first time in santorini and the choice of this hotel was the best choice we could have ever made. While on the island we looked out for other hotels but the price was much higher. Artemis gives you more than you pay for. On our arrival early in the morning we could not do the check in but the hotel offered us a room to stay in until we get our room. This was very nice because we spent thenight travelling. The bell boys and staff are extremely nice. The word 'no' does not exist in their vocabulary and they accommodate you in everything you need, always with a natural smile and enjoy giving you their help.You get treats every day for sunset , the pool is nice and the rooms are very clean. In my opinion from the terrace of every room you will see the nicest sunset in santorini. Would return to this hotel if I come back to santorini.

1 Thank StephAtt
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels from 2 star family run hotels to 5 star luxury hotels. I must say for the money this place is absolutely amazing and definately one of the best I have stayed at. No matter what room you get the view will be absolutely amazing. There are only a few rooms so the pool is never crowded and you feel like part of a family.

The handymen at the location Gazi and I forgot the other man's name are super helpful and very friendly and work endlessly to make your stay a pleasant one.

All my concerns were dealt with immediately for example our air conditioner wasn't blowing cold air upon arrival, by the next day when we walked back to our room it wasn't only fixed, there was a brand new air conditioning unit installed.

Breakfast delivered to your room daily, transfers to and from the hotel organised for you, collection of DVD's and books, free wi-fi, amazing views especially from the pool deck, THIS PLACE WAS AMAZING.

Just one thing, if you want privacy then this hotel is not for you. Whilst in your room, privacy is excellent but if you spend time on your balcony just be reminded that people will be watching you. This is not a fault of the hotel but of the way all properties are in Santorini.

Greatly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have very similar views but some are more modern than others and some have jacuzzi's...
1 Thank jogti811
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I got married on Santorini and had a great week staying at Artemis Villas.
From booking the room right up to checking out the experience was great! Very helpful and friendly staff!
On the day of the wedding I checked in early and dropped the bags off. Chris asked if I'd be ok finding the room later that night when we returned from the reception and I said yes. That was a mistake! Once you arrive here you'll understand - it's a bit like a rabbit warren! When we got back from the wedding we spent about 10 mins looking around before I would admit that I was lost. Luckily one of the other guests invited us in and let us use their phone to call Chris. He came out straight away and let us in. Complementary Champagne was there waiting for us and the room was great.
Over the week we enjoyed great breakfasts on our private balcony in the honeymoon suit and great views of the sunsets.
The area has plenty of restaurants and it's easy to get around using local buses or a taxi (the staff will book these for you).

Overall a great place and we will be going back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt D
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having written many reviews for hotels, unusually I really don't know where to start - absolutely everything about Artemis Viilas is fantastic! I don't think my wife and I have ever stayed anywhere in the world where we could speak more highly about any part of our stay. Chris, Angela and his staff have made Artemis Villas the perfect holiday experience.

The wonderful service starts from the moment you send your first email. Angela was very helpful in all aspects of arranging our stay and nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived Chris made us feel comfortable and very welcome from the first minute. We were very surprised and impressed to receive a welcome drink as we settled in (these surprise 'treats' then continue throughout your stay!)

The rooms are located on the cliff overlooking the caldera, perfectly located for the evening sunsets

Our room was at the top just below the pool and was lovely with a separate bedroom and lounge area, a small but very nice shower room and an adequate terrace with jacuzzi. There are chairs and a table for eating on the terrace and deckchairs for relaxing - perfect (and lounging in the jacuzzi in the evening watching the sun go down was hard to beat).

The bed was very comfortable, the shower as hot as you like and the lounge area comfortable for relaxing (or watching the Olympics in Greek which was challenging but fun - the opening ceremony was impressive, fun but pretty incomprehensible)!

The pool area is perfect for relaxing, with large parasols if you need to get out of the midday sun. Being at the top of the villas it's the perfect spot for viewing the bay.

Every day the villa was thoroughly cleaned and tidied giving the feeling of arriving at a completely fresh, new room each time we returned - very impressive. Indeed, all three of Chris and Angelas' team are lovely. They are incredibly friendly, helpful and strive to make your stay perfect in every way.

Imerovigli is a lovely small town with several nice, fairly inexpensive restaurants within ten minutes' walk. There is also a good supermarket nearby for provisions (and ice creams!).

A twenty minute walk will take you into Fira which is worth looking around but is very highly geared towards the tourists pouring off the cruise ships (the shops are primarily jewellery, shoes, holiday clothes and cafes). Alternatively you can catch the bus which runs every twenty minutes.

Chris, Angela and the team are doing a sterling job - I really can't recommend Artemis Villas highly enough. This was our first time on Santorini and we had a lovely ten-day stay. As it's only a three and a half hour trip from Gatwick, we intend to visit again for some shorter breaks now that we have explored the island. We will definitely be returning to Artemis Villas as there really is no reason to waste time looking for anywhere else to stay on the island - it can't be bettered.

(To give you an example of the lengths they go to .... I rather stupidly lost my wallet one evening. It was handed in at a shop in Fira where they found the Artemis card inside. They called Chris who dropped everything and went into Fira to collect it for me. Meanwhile Angela called our room to let us know so that we wouldn't have the hassle of cancelling credit cards - these guys are unreal!!!!).

Thank you all so much for giving us such a lovely stay - look forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: We saw inside a few other rooms in addition to our own and they all looked lovely!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caesar63
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We didn't expect much luxury from traditional santorini suite, so it was much more than expected.
Very worm service, unbelievable views (i would say, the best in Santorini), clean, quiet. Waterpool.
The location was also perfect. Very quiet, but at walking distance from Fira, which is full of night life.
We did rent a car - that really helped us to explore all island. We were lucky to park car nearby every evening.
I very recommend Imerovigli and Artemis Villas to everybody, traveling to Santorini.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Astra Suites
#7 of 50 in Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!