“wonderful ! ! !”

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Colonzelle, France
“wonderful ! ! !”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very nice place with a wonderful landscape. The room was both far enough of the crowd and close to restaurants.
The room is confortable, always clean, suitable for a "family cocooning" week-end.
The host is both warm and discreet and always smily,"thank you Dimitris ! ". The adresses given by the host was always pertinent and in accordance with our wishes.
For sure we'll come back ! ! !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel26230

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
London
Reviewed May 27, 2011

OMG, we had a heart attack coming here, within minutes of arriving to the location i was excited, within a second of seeing the room I was ready to leave.

When i booked this place May 2011 there were no reviews, its not like me as i like to checkout the hotel before i book just like most people. For some reason i took a chance and I even called the owner and he sold me the "Honeymoon" suite. Now I know alarm bells should have been ringing getting Honeymoon suite at almost 140 euros, but from the pictures everything looked great, views, Jacuzzi and the room. So i thought, how bad can it be, 3 star at worst?

I have to be fair to this place, but id like to warn others as i dont want anyone to expect something outstanding just because they hear the words honeymoon suite! I booked this for my girlfriends 30th, so i thought being the honeymoon suite its one of the best rooms you'll get at the hotel. It was, but was barely 3*, it was a disappointment for both of us and ruined my surprise.

The room has an AMAZING view, its at the highest point, nice lounge, ok bedroom, dampish bed/towels and a toilet/showroom ill never forget. I think ive seen better tolets in London underground, ok slight exaggeration. Toilet was tinny, closet size, sink i that looked like a bedpan (no joke), was clean just looked dirty, no place to put toiletries. Shower and tub, let me explain, it was a shower head with a shower curtain the type that stick to you when you shower, the tub was the shower with a built wall about 2 foot high, it was an area of about a meter by 1.5 meters. I think this is a fair representation of the suite.

The manager, was extremely helpful and apologetic. He went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, set up the jacuzzi which did take about 6 hours to warm up! He was more than happy to move us to another room with a jacuzzi that was less in the public view, and one without a tub/wall in the toilet. Breakfast was very nice, internet connection, tv, music system, air-con. Everything was good but my expectations were raised by their false advertising and toilet closet. Luckily, after a few phone calls which cost me almost £50/60 and three days later we were offered a refund for the remaining stay and found a nicer place.

So, would i stay their again? yes, now i know what to expect, I wont pay 140 because for extra 30 euros/night you can stay in a more pleasant place. For those wanting to book this place, please dont be put off, i think its better that you know what you are getting than expecting something exquisite because of the pictures. Also bear in mind, other hotels are much more expensive, only 5min walk from Oniro and you could be paying 170-400 euros per night for exactly same view, less space but nicer bathrooms, trust me we checked out at least 5-8 other hotels.

If you are not phased by my description of the tolet, this place is nice with very nice management and good value for money comparing to other places. Sitting outside at night it beautiful, because its higher up then all the other hotels. Book with the understanding its not a place you would stay if its a special occasion and you want to impress your other half.

I will post a pic of the toilet soonish.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alladin01
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Forgot some items left behind by us and were very helpful by sending it to our next destination

Clean, and very scenic view

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ejrod
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 21, 2010

September is the best month to visit Santorini. Fewer tourists and perfect weather.
A friend of us who has been at Oniro 2 years ago suggested it to us. We took the suite with the jacuzzi in the balcony. Very clean room and very friendly staff. The hotel has fantastic view of the volcano and the price we got was by far the best among hotels with the same amenities. Our total stay was 4 days. If we ever return to Santorini we will definetely stay there again !

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We are frequent holiday travellers and guess booking Oniro Suites Imerovigli is the worst experience we ever had. We arrived late in the evening around 7pm, when we first walked into the "Volcano cave suites" which cost us 170 Euro/night during mid-Sept season. I was immediately disappointed. If you look at the photos in their website, please imagine the photos were taken on the day the suites has JUST been painted, refurnished, and renovated! In reality, the room was dim, bed felt damp, nothing interesting about the 'cave' feelings. I was very particular with clean bathroom, and unfortunately, the first thing turned me off was the smell from the toilet! everything was very basic, candles are full of dust, one and only tea candle which was easily replaced, was dirty and almost used up.
The other surprising is that the so-called veranda where you are suppose to enjoy the stunning view of the Aegean sea, was in fact the common area where occupants have their breakfast served, which is right outside our suite. The jacuzzi outside our cave suite is actually for public use as well. What comes next is limited privacy, the doors are ALMOST fully by blinds on the window panels; and our immediately adjacent neighbour is in fact the reception, which is also their office, where you can hear every single word of staffs' communication, their printings going on, and we have to lower our voices to keep our privacy.
The cave is full of flies, the "salon" area with candles, sheet was covered with dust.. we called the manager in charge, Margarita Matsou, who also manages the "White Santorini Hotel" (www.whitesantorini.gr), instead of being apologetic and listen to customers, she started to argue and told us off that flies situation happens ONLY if WE leave the doors open. We were not at all impressed with her attitude, there's no one else on duty after we came back from dinner at 9.30pm, and Miss Matsou is 40mins away so she claimed she can't come over to assist, it was a nightmare, we ended up moving out by ourselves late at night due to the state of the accommodation, no assistance or customer service whatsoever, the next day they called us and demand us to pay for one night, we refused and she told us she will call the police to arrest us of not paying the cancellation fee. We were waiting for an hour and expected a visit from the tourist police but they never show up, or we were threatened that they have the details of our passport during booking, they will pass it to the police!
I am sure everyone experienced differently and this is only our story, but we never had anything like this before, not even close.
Flying all the way from Hong Kong for our 2 weeks holidays, the last thing is to let anyone ruin it, money is not the matter of what we pay, but their website (for the room we booked) is definitely deceiving!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindychung
Louisiana
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Remembering my stay at Oniro Suites almost leaves me speechless, because that is how I felt when I was there.
Our stay at Oniro Suites was the most amazing experience ever. I'll risk sounding cliche as I say that I wasn't sure if maybe this wasn't heaven. Truly, the location was ideal as we could experience the sunset with wine while right on the privacy of our own patio. The accommodations were unbelievably outstanding. (One room was full of pillows and a collection of candles.) Even the soap offered was extraordinary. The breakfast which was included was abundant and delicious, with an offering of additional pots of coffee with no extra cost. The rooms in the volcano cave suite made us never want to leave the suite, but the sunset and sun, of course, summoned our presence. The hospitality was impeccable. Never have I felt so attended to and with politeness, kindness, and friendliness too. I would go back in a heartbeat, and I'm forever grateful for a most unforgettable time at Oniro Suites.
It's a perfect name for a perfect place.

• Liked — EVERYTHING!!! The rooms, the view, the hospitality, the pool!!!
  • Disliked — There was not a thing to dislike!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank amyjemesouviens
Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2008

What a nice stay. We were greated from our 10 hr delay at the airport, with a full dinner for 4. They waited until 1AM for us to arrive.Warm and friendly staff made our vist grand. Food and rooms were a welcome treat. The view spectactular.Want to go back to Santorini.
4 guests from Chicago, IL.U.S.A.

• Liked — the service and view
  • Disliked — the bathroom sink was tiny
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family