Santorini Princess
Pegasus Suites & Spa(Imerovigli)
$1,126
  • Breakfast included
San Antonio Luxury Hotel(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
$778
Chromata Hotel(Imerovigli)
$760
$718
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
$451
$556
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$290
All reviewsour honeymoonspa hotelhotel shuttleheated poolstunning viewsfira and oiabeautiful hoteltreated like royaltyshuttle servicethe hotel offersrented a carspecial thanksminute drivewelcome drinkthe cliffthe entire islandwatching the sunset
Reviewed June 17, 2009

The Santorini Princess really lives up to the previous reviews - beautiful rooms (we had a standard poolside), immaculate service, gorgeous food, lovely cocktails - I really can't fault it. The views are amazing and the atmosphere intimate and romantic.

The location isn't perfect, a little remote, but driving around the island there isn't anywhere I would put it that was better. Oya is lovely but too busy for us. As long as you have a car it's perfect.

The restaurant at the top of the drive is cheap and cheerful and a good alternative to the hotel's slightly more sophisticated restaurant. But the room service is good and the crepes are amazing.

Perfect place to relax, unwind and spend some quality time.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

From the moment we arrived my husband and I were kicking ourselves for not staying longer. The view is magnificant, the pictures do not do it justice. The staff is amazing. They are waiting for you upon arrival to walk you around and introduce you to the staff. We instantly felt welcomed. We were there for 3 nights and stayed at the hotel for 2 as we felt there was no reason to leave! The owners will do anything for you. We had problem with our flight back to NYC (do not fly Olympic) and they fixed everything for us! The rooms are nicely done with a large bathroom. Only annoying part is not being able to put any paper in the toliets, but that is apparently a Santorini issue not a hotel issue. The hotel is very good for couples, I would not suggest for children or singles.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Perfect, romantic hotel. Stunning views, excellent service, the owners know exactly how to run a business and take great pride in their hotel. You can't fault this hotel, I'll be recommending it to family and friends! Definitely stay here if you can get booked in!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisajayne0611
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Went on a girls' trip and we had a smashing time. Some of our group stayed at the Rocabella and two of us stayed at the Santorini Princess. The two hotels were much closer to each other than we realized -- a restaurant (Iris) and driveway in between but that was all. We were able to get a better rate on the SP thru my friend and that's why we stayed there.

Going to detail everything that I can think of even though some things were not a big deal to us.
Overall, the room was clean and nice, as was the entire hotel. The service was wonderful. We could hardly want for a thing, at the pool, sitting in the chairs in front of our apartment, etc.

Location of the hotel - Some reviewers found it to be too far from anything but our group loved the distance from both Fira & Oia. We were there for relaxation and didn't need the hubbub of the towns nearby. Imerovigli was the closest town and a convenient walk to pick up a bottle of wine or more to keep in our room. Cabs and the hotel transfer took us to dinners in Oia, etc without problem. There are markets for nibbles, and we purchased some nuts, olives and dried fruits to snack on during our late afternoon cocktail hour on our patio each evening. Fira is also close and a little further down the road. The hotel staff said it would take about 3 hours to walk to Oia and we did it in about 2. Great walk but definitely bring good shoes and water. My "suitcase" for the trip was a good sized day pack and we used that to carry our water and purses and it was very convenient. If you can bring something along like that, I'd recommend it. There is no need to rent a car on the island unless you abhor walking and won't take a cab, the bus or the transfer van the hotel has readily available. We did rent a car for the day to see some wineries, the red beach and a couple other sites and the day rental was really all we needed. Otherwise, walking and modes of transportation were perfect. Walkways are dirt and gravel-covered so keep that in mind if you have difficulty walking for any reason.
A day car rental cost us 25 Euro, arranged for us by Yannis @ Iris Restaurant.
Transfer to / from hotel - airport, about 20 Euro total, not per person. Friends at Rocabella paid 11 Euro each and had to leave around 5am for their 7am flight. We woke, the hotel brought us coffee & juice while we readied ourselves and then casually jumped into the transfer at about 6:10 for the same flight. SP has their own private transfer van which we found immensely useful throughout our stay (check for cab prices but we found the transfer to be cheaper generally); the Rocabella does not have that option.

We stayed in Room #14, right at the pool. It was a lovely location and allowed us to be at the pool but in our own little area. The end of April is not the high season so there were enough chairs at the pool for everyone but it's not a large pool (although it is heated!) and I could see how, as some other reviewers have stated, there might be a shortage-- our location ensured us a chair, regardless, because of our patio. The one thing that might be problematic for some people -- the pool "gurgles" a bit like a fountain and I could see some people being irritated at night while trying to sleep by that. My roommate and I found it relaxing and it didn't bother us at all.

We had asked for 2 beds and, upon arrival, found only one in our room so they remedied it, with a twin and a glass of (sweet, rose) champagne while we waited. The original set up would be perfect for a romantic stay.
The bathroom was small but efficient. The shower was a tub with a seat and a spray attachment. Neither of us were bothered by it although when we went to Athens, it was great to be able to stand up and shower again. The Rocabella has a stall-style shower if that matters to you a great deal (no bathtub). There was a sign asking us to put used toilet paper in the wastebasket instead of flushing. I was hesitant about that but it turned out not to be a big deal at all. Garbage was emptied daily. The Rocabella does not have the toilet paper in garbage can requirement. Many places on the island do though so you'll experience it regardless if you go to any restaurants, etc.
The beds were very hard. The pillows were extra firm and not my favorite but I'm excruciatingly picky about pillows and since I'm not willing to bring along my own pillow, I've learned it's just something I have to deal with.
Comparison note - We only saw one room at the Rocabella but it seemed our room was more spacious but their bathroom was (they had 2 sinks, we had 1). Their bathroom ceiling was taller, as well, so if you are very tall, that might be something to consider. At 5'7-5'8, my friend and I had no problems whatsoever but I could see her 6'6 husband having a bit of an issue in our bathroom (my 6'2 husband would hunch a bit in some areas but not all).
Rooms have a kitchenette with a fridge and a stovetop (although nothing to cook with --maybe ask staff for?). The Rocabella also has a fridge in the rooms but no stovetop.

The restaurant - They serve breakfast until 11 -- we slept right through it the first morning so picked up some yogurt in town to keep in the fridge.
Breakfast is good -- they offer dry cereals, coffee, pastries, fruit (canned peaches when we were there), Greek yogurt + honey & other items to mix in, meats, cheeses, breads, fresh squeezed orange juice, some hot items (eggs, sausages, etc) and will boil an egg to your liking upon request.
We only ate lunch their one day and it was fine.
Dinner - Ate there the first night. They have a good Greek salad and good tzatziki. The menu is extensive (one Mediterranean and one Greek). IMO, they could do a lot better with fewer choices but choices seem to be the name of the game in Greece. We had a fish dish, which was good but overcooked and a chicken dish with figs,etc that was also overcooked. The strange thing about the chicken dish was that after my friend ordered it, they asked her if she would like a marinade -- and offered more than a handful of options including Bloody Mary and others that would most definitely not go well with the dish itself. She smartly opted for no marinade.
The wine they suggested was a bit too old and oxidized. At the end of our stay on the island, we decided that the Greek taste for wine is not quite what we are used to; many have a very mineral flavor. There are some very good Greek wines though, you just have to know what you are looking for. Thankfully, one of our party had some very good information on wines.
The hotel introduced us to Vinsanto at the end of our first dinner and we adopted it to be our regular nightcap each evening.

Additional notes/Comparisons:
IMO, our view was the best in the area. The Rocabella had a stunning view as well but SP's was the ultimate.
SP has no wireless at all. They do have 2 computers available in the lobby area to check email. The Rocabella does offer free wireless, including in the pool area.
SP seemed, to me, more romantic / honeymoon than Rocabella, which seemed more "hip", but they were both lovely hotels and could easily accomodate a girls' trip like ours just as well as a honeymoon.
The pools - Ours was heated, the Rocabella's was not. During the high & hot season, this wouldn't be an issue but we were there at the end of April and there were moments where it was downright chilly and the heated pool was ideal.

If you stay at either SP or Rocabella, be sure to stop at the Iris Restaurant for dinner or lunch. Ask for Yannis. He's terrific but if you're watching your dollar, let him know beforehand so that he can accomodate. Both nights we ate there, he created a dinner customized to us very specifically (for instance, we brought our friends the second dinner and one will not eat fish with the head or tail and he prepared fillets instead).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank PortlandORGirl
Reviewed February 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for the first week of our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived, it was perfect! We were greeted by a member of their very friendly staff, who showed us to our room and helped us tour the site. The grounds were a bit smaller than we expected, but this turned out to be a plus - an intimate and peaceful stay! We were in walking distance to Fira, and a short cab or bus ride to to other cities as well as the beautiful beaches. Our room was simple yet beautiful. French doors opened to a gorgeous seascape. The restaurants on site served a variety of delicious foods (even for a very picky vegetarian), and the staff shared tastes of flavorful wines. Owners and staff were genuinely kind and thoughtful, making our stay even more relaxing. We dream about returning to the Santorini Princess!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple