“Loved it”

Kapari Wine Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Gastronomic pleasures are part of an unforgettable vacation. At Kapari Wine Restaurant, we use the finest ingredients and follow the strictest standards to create healthy and appetizing meals. Start your day with a gourmet breakfast and conclude it with an exquisite dinner: Taste mouth watering Mediterranean recipes, combined with famous local delicacies. Choose from a huge variety of premium wines. During sunset, surrender to the dramatic views of the caldera and the deep blue Aegean sea.
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ate here twice because it was so good. Everything was perfect - the food, the service, the décor, the music. We had steak on the first visit which was one of the best I've ever eaten. The staff here are superb and rally try and make your evening special. They were happy to let us choose our table as we wanted to sit away from other diners. It was slightly more expensive than other places but worth it. We paid 80 - 90 Euros for 2 of us meals and drinks (beer, water and cocktails).

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
“Really nice restaurant and food are great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, nice setting, staff are nice and helpful. We were there on a windy night so couldn't sit outside, food are so good

Belo Horizonte, MG
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had dinner one night and the food, service and the calderia view were great. Excelent cost benefit relation.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, UK
“Don't go twice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this restaurant, which was right next door to our hotel (Iliovasilema). The first time we went the food was lovely, the staff attentive and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We booked again for our last evening and hoped to get the table at the western end of the terrace, which would allow my wife and I an unhindered view of the sunset or, failing that, one of the tables next to the edge of the terrace. When I booked I was the second name in the diary and the head waiter promised me the agreed table.

On our final evening we went to dinner and saw all but one of the tables taken. We expected that we would be given the remaining table, only to be directed to another one with an obscured view. The head waiter shrugged his shoulders and did nothing top explain what had happened. I felt we had been 'bumped'. After complaining to Antonis, the manager (who is very polite and helpful) we were given the remaining table. As you can imagine we had mixed feelings about the whether just to go elsewhere having been embarrassed by the debacle. However, we didn't want to be petty and sat down to the meal. There was a terrible atmosphere and the head waiter seemed to go missing for long periods (not sure if he was in a strop) leaving Alexandra to deal with the guests. One diner decided that the service was so poor she decided against having any further drinks because of being left for so long. During this time all the candles blew out with the strengthening wind leaving us all in near pitch darkness. I asked for the bill, and the credit card slip was eventually delivered by the head waiter for signing only for him to immediately disappear yet again. Shortly after he left the slip blew away and in attempt to stop it I knocked the olive oil cellar over onto the concrete smashing the oil dispenser onto the ground and splattering my suit.

Needless to say all the diners were aghast at the service and comical situation, which even I could appreciate despite being angry. To no avail I patiently waited for an explanation of what had gone wrong, stupidly thinking that staying right next door to the establishment would make it easy for someone to speak to me about it. It might have done a lot to repair the poor impression I was given.They really need to brush up on customer service.

2 Thank TC_Simpson
Philip A, Owner at Kapari Wine Restaurant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Having been through our records on the night of your reservation, we confirm that you were indeed 2nd on the list and should have been given a front row table in the first place. Why this didn't happen, is something we cannot explain. Probably a misjudgment on behalf of our restaurant captain. Please accept our sincere apologies for this unpleasant event. We will make sure it never occurs again..

Of course we cannot claim responsibility for the broken oil cellar and the stained suit, but we truly acknowledge your frustration given the circumstances.

If you are still on the island or, on your next visit, do not hesitate to try a third time. We will make sure it will be a most memorable one, only this time in a good sense!

Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Kind regards,

Philip Adamidis
Owner
boston
“Lovely place & setting can't be beat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

First of all, a beautiful setting, not only the great view, but the design of the space itself, which was simple, but very elegant. Also it didn't get windy & cold as in other places we went on the caldera. We were staying in Imerovigli and went on the basis of the tripadvisor reviews—fewer, but high ratings. The food was creative and the wait staff attentive, except for a quite long interval between appetizer and main course. Some things about our dinner we found really extraordinary, for example the incredible rolls (don’t laugh; bread is not a high point in Greece) and our amazing stuffed squid appetizer. The wine was also just wonderful. We thought our main courses almost made it to that point, but not quite. I had the black squid ink risotto, which was tasty, but felt just a little rich & soupy for my taste. My husband had veal, which he liked, but didn’t knock him out. And for the 90 euros for one appetizer, 2 main courses and wine (no dessert) we expected to be knocked out. Still, it was overall a lovely dinner.