“Simply the Best”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Anastasis Apartments
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have been dreaming of going to Santorini for as long as I can remember and when I found Anastasis Apartments on TA, it made me even yearn more to go. So finally, we did go and WOW! It is everything I ever imagined it to be and more.

Service- unparalleled. It is what sets this place apart. From the pick up at the airport, to the warm welcome from Despina and Katerina, to Helen at the reception desk. The men in charge of the pool were very efficient. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The nice light dinner that was provided upon our arrival, the delicious breakfast served on our balcony, the drinks served during our time on the hot tub, great restaurant recommendations, and a surprise from Despina. All of these and more made our stay the best hotel experience we've ever had.

The hotel itself is beautiful! Just look at the photos and I think you will agree. Anastasis suite is so romantic, the pool so beautiful and warm and the view can't be beat. Sunsets from our balcony were as great as the ones in Oia.

We hiked from the hotel to Fira one day, and that was an enjoyable experience. Really enjoyed the sights and sounds of Santorini during our hike. We did not attempt the hike to Oia because of time constraints.

Fira is a nice place to shop, Oia is a nice place to do some sightseeing.
Dinner at Dimitri's in Ammoudi Bay was one of the highlights of our trip. Great seafood and sunset.

So, if you can, definitely stay at Anastasis the next time you visit Santorini. You will not regret it. Go and enjoy. Yassas!

1  Thank alwaystraveling99
There are newer reviews for Anastasis Apartments

Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I came here for the first week of our honeymoon. I had been researching for months to find the perfect hotel and I definitely hit a home run with Anastasis Apartments. Despina greated us late at night when we arrived. We were so hungry and she gave us our tour which took our breath away. When we came into our room there was some of her husbands home made wine and a delicious spread for us to enjoy.

Our first morning we were given lots of information on where to go, what to do. They took care of all our arrangements for reservations, car rental and had the car waiting outside the front for when we were ready. Despinas staff is amazing. My husband left his wedding ring by the pool one day and we went about 6 hours before noticing that he had left it poolside. At any other hotel this ring would be gone, but at Anastasis it was waiting for us at the front desk. We were always greeted with cold water when coming in from a walk, surprised with champagne by the pool and little desserts and snacks at random. We loved the breakfast. You just simply pick a time you wish for breakfast and they call you when it is outside on your balcony/terrace.

You can tell Despina has a passion for what she does as she treats every guest like a guest at her own home and makes everyone feel special. The pool is incredible and it felt like we were the only ones there. It is very quiet and peaceful. The service in incredible. There are 11 staff members and I believe 10 or 11 rooms so everyone gets the attention that is needed.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is only a 8 minute cab ride into Fira and about 15 minutes to Oia. It is a very central part of the island without being crowded by tourists. This hotel is simply a gem and we recommend you book as soon as possible as it books up fast. I hope we can go back to this magical place one day. I doubt there is any other hotel on the island that can even compare to Anastasis.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at Anatasis Apartments for three nights. Truely wonderful service right from my first phone conversation with Despina when booking our room. I cannot fault anything. I've never experienced this anywhere before and I doubt I ever will again. Yes it's a pricey stay, but it's a perfect balance of attentiveness and privacy in a tranquil environment. The prices for snacks and drinks are all quite reasonable. We found that after a day out we were happy to order from the snack menu in the evening, eating as we watched the gorgeous sunset. Their suggestions on where to go and what to do were perfect. I hope to be back one day for more R&R by the pool.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I had a 4-day stay in Santorini as part of our honeymoon and decided to splurge at a nice place. After getting a heads-up from friends and reading reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided on Anastasis Apartments. We are so glad we did, this place was heaven. When Despina gave us the tour and turned the corner to reveal the first glimpse of the infinity pool looking over the Caldera, my expectations were already surpassed. The view from Anastasis is, in my opinion, the best view of the sunset on the entire island. The pool area was our favourite place to hang out because of the view, the awesome pool to cool off in and the service....the service!!! Let's talk about that for a minute: water, cold towels and fresh fruit being served to you pool-side without having to be asked, awesome recommendations for restaurants and what to do on the island, friendly hellos and goodbyes whenever we actually did choose to venture out, Despina and her crew were so accommodating without being overly-attentive.

We were more than comfortable in our suite which was complete with a kitchen that we used to cook a nice dinner one night, a luxurious marbled bathroom, a sitting area, lovely bedroom area and finally a walkout terrace area to eat breakfasts and enjoy the view of the caldera.

One of the other perks about Anastasis is its location. Being in Imerovigli was better, in my opinion than being in the touristy Fira or Oia locations because it was so quiet and relaxing and you didn't have a flock of tourists walking past your pool everyday. It was nice to be able to go to Fira and Oia when we wanted to since they were not too far away, but coming back to Anastasis was always a treat.

The only thing we think that could make the stay even better is if they served dinner, then we could enjoy the place even more and eat this on our private terrace, but I suppose this did give us a reason to leave the apartment, otherwise I think we would have stayed here every night. The food that was available (dips, snacks, etc.) was incredibly tasty.

Best hotel experience I have ever had, hands-down. Hope to come back for an anniversary!!!

2  Thank Ncsk
Reviewed August 16, 2010

After hours of searching for the 'perfect' honeymoon hotel I decided on Anastasis, based on trip advisor reviews....and for anyone who has ever doubted them....Anastasis is amazing. We couldn't have even imagined a place being any better. From our late night arrival, where we were delighted to find a mid-night snack - much to the excitement and joy of my husband who was worried he would have to wait til breakfast. All the staff were friendly and gave us great dining advice and arranged everything from transferrs to AWD hire for us - with wonderful smiles.

This should be on the list of things you do before you die...do yourself a favour and stay at Anastasis!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Despina and her well drilled team worked tirelessly to ensure that we had the best possible stay. The location of the apartments is mid way between Fira and Oia. We walked daily to both along the paths following the caldera edge. You would need to be reasonably fit and able to cope with the summer heat if heading to Oia.

Our apartment [No.10] was lovely, comfortable and simply but stylishly furnished. Fresh flowers in your bathroom each day were typical of the touches and service that make this place special.

Complimentary breakfast served to your terrace and the "snacks" we ate on 2 or 3 nights when not dining out were perfectly enjoyable.

Loved Ambrosia restauant in Oia [cursed the £/Euro exchange rate!] we also ate at another of the hotel's recommended places called Vanilia in Firostefani. That too was very good and its terrace offered full on views of the sunset.

We hired a smart car pre booked from UK. All was fine but we discovered much better value was to be had if we'd allowed Anastasis to arrange it. In fact to our tastes, having done a drive around the island which is easily achieved in a day. we didn`t want to go anywhere else but stay at the pool enjoying hospitality and venturing on foot to the neighbouring towns to take in the views, little winding streets and affable locals.

Seeing the island from the sea is a must and we chose a 3 hour volcano, and hot springs trip out of Fira port. Good value for the views alone. Nea Kameni island is interesting 'ish and swinning off the boat in a cove to the hot springs was great. [Avoid white swimwear the minerals may stain].

If you are looking for somewhere beautiful in which to relax in peace and be made to feel like you are really special, then look no further. I know its a cliche but there's every chance we'll be back again.

1  Thank Shroomer
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Anastasis Apartments for 5 nights in early July 2010. We used this site as a guide and the apartments over exceded our expectations. The staff is warm and friendly and always willing to help you. They will pick you up from the Airport and help arrange day trips like ATVs or car rentals (our car was included but opted for the ATV.. highly recomended, just becareful). The staff brought us water when we came in from hikes, and they would suprise us with refreshments throughout the day. We stayed in the regular honeymoon suite which was stunning! The hotel grounds are small and private so it really feels like you are living there for your stay. The pool is terrific, since the apartments are small, there is never a crowd by the pool. We travel a bit and have never had this kind of hospitality. The Greeks our good people! It was the perfect Honeymoon! If you want an amazing honeymoon, this is the place!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B_TheWorldExlporer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
#18 of 51 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#14 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Anastasis Apartments? Share your experiences!