“Fairytale Wedding”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Anastasis Apartments
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Fairytale Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

It has been a few weeks since our return from the Anastasis Apartments and I can honestly say that the place has touched our hearts in a way that I don’t think any other experience could.
Our arrival was late after a 15 hour journey via Athens, we were tired and hungry. As promised there was a taxi waiting for us with a friendly welcome from the driver who sped us to Anastasis without a glitch. Despina and Katerina were there at the gate waiting for us while our bags disappeared without us noticing, to be place in our room.
We had a lovely warm welcome, such a wonderful personal touch, we were made to feel like we were old family members returning from a long trip. We were given some brief instructions and a tour, but it was dark and could not fully appreciate the setting. Yet!
We were shown to our suite, the Anastasis Suite, and when Despina opened the door I was speechless. Martin and I looked at eachother in disbelief that this suite was ours for a full week, and this was our special little place to get married and be as close to eachother as we could, away from our stressful life back home. We needed to be Martin and Rachel for a week, not mummy and daddy to our 3 children, or boss to 60 employees.
The suite was lit only by candles and tealights, with fresh flowers carefully placed around the room, which on reflection, I was so glad we arrived at night, to be left alone in such a sumptuously beautiful place, with a bottle of wine, fine Greek appetisers brought to us and placed on our balcony next to the hot tub, on crisp white linen tablecloth and more fresh flowers, to say ‘died and gone to heaven’ doesn’t even come near the feeling we felt.
We decided to finish our bottle of wine in the marble Jacuzzi bath in the bathroom, and truly unwind, amid a few tears of joy.
There was a separate shower room, huge shower cubicle, again with fresh flowers and candles to create the most romantic atmosphere.
On waking, we held our breath as we opened the blinds and see the world outside our balcony, and again it stunned us into silence at the sheer beauty of the caldera view as well as seeing the apartment complex in all its glory.
Breakfast arrived at our chosen time, placed on our balcony table which can only be described as a feast fit for royalty. Breakfast was a surprise every morning, we didn’t know what we would get, and we waited with great anticipation to see what goodies Despina has arranged. We were spoiled with beautiful sweet and savoury pastries, eggs, ham and other cold meats, cheese, bread and croissants, fruit, Greek yogurt with nuts and Despina’s mums amazing ‘honey’ to put in the yogurt which was food from the gods! Not to mention fresh juice and pot of tea or coffee.
The apartments are just something else. As you walk around them you are struck by the sheer perfection that Despina and her team have achieved. The grounds are landscaped and perfectly well kept and tended, with butterflies flying past your face as you walk along, was something akin to being inside a childrens fairytale book. The pool area was spotless and was maintained to the highest standard, you were brought water if you were spending time by the pool which was topped up all the time, and fresh fruit was brought to you. If you left the complex for a walk, one of the staff would call you back and give you a bottle of water to take, and on your return, carry your bags of shopping to your room while you sat in the cool with a glass of water. So thoughtful, and caring.
As I mentioned we had booked the wedding package here too. We just wanted it to be us, intimate and special, no hassle or stress. But we got so much more, what Despina has achieved here is legendary. Martin was given a room to get ready so we didn’t see eachother before the ceremony, we were told what time to be ready and that someone would come and get us. Easy. I was ready on time and Despina came to the apartment with the photographer and her wonderful son who is 12, and took photos of him handing me my wedding bouquet which was just perfect. Despina said she thought I would like it if her son was with me to ‘give me away’ so to speak because our children were with their grandparents at home , which I thought was so touching and made it even more special. We were told music for the ceremony would be provided, thinking it would be a CD of our traditional wedding march, but , to our absolute amazement, Despina had arranged traditional Greek musicians, in full traditional dress, one on a bouzouki and one playing a violin, who led the way for us individually, round the entire grounds in real Greek fashion playing the Greek wedding music, which I will never forget, until I was finally led to the ceremony table on the sun terrace overlooking the caldera in front of the most beautiful sunset, to meet my husband to be. The ceremony was conducted by the local minister, perfectly turned out in a white suit and tie, who guided us clearly through the ceremony. They provided vows that we read aloud, they were truly beautiful words and I couldn’t have written anything more perfect myself for they way I felt about my husband and our life together. We have the vows to keep, all beautifully prepared and printed out for us. The minister made us feel so special, like we were the first people ever to get married there, he proclaimed to the world from our clifftop ceremony that we were now husband and wife, that I really think he was moved by the beauty and perfection of the setting.
We all shared a bottle of champagne and wedding cake, and the musicians struck up a tune again and Martin and I had a dance together, with the whole team watching, then joining in for a real greek wedding dance on the terrace which was just so fabulous, they were our family that night, and they really enjoyed themselves too, and I am so proud to have shared my wedding with them, it was such a joyous occasion, and the photographer captured every single moment perfectly.
We ate at Vanilia that night, which was wonderful, as were all the meals we had on our stay in Santorini, we tried all the well known restaurants and they are all worth a visit, and so is the local tavern, Tassos Tavern, and To Steki tou Nikou where transport is provided, are really the best for your real Greek food without being ‘englished’ up to suit tourists.
The Anastasis Apartments is undoubtedly the best, the staff are there just to make you happy, and our stay there was so easy, stress free, if we had any worries or questions, they were answered and dealt with immediately.
Well, we already have children, got married, and apart from watching our children grow, the next life experience to look forward to is to return to Anastasis one day to renew our vows, with the children, what an absolute shame it would be not to meet these wonderful people again. Thankyou so much.

8 Thank Happiness09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Amazing, incredibly personal service without being overbearing. Staff really care and want you to love their island for why they love it. Best, most relaxing holiday ever!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Junior Suite at the Anastasis for one week of our honeymoon. We got married on Santorini at St. Irene's Chapel during the middle of our stay. We also went to Mykonos and Egypt and both of us agreed that Santorini and the Anastasis was the best part of our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived until the time we left Despina and her team were there for us for whatever we needed. I honestly do not have one single complaint and can only sing praise about our experience there. We were so worried when we arrived that no one would be at the airport to pick us up as I had forgotten to email Despina a reminder since it had been months that I had given her my flight details, however our driver was there with a sign and a huge air conditioned van. We were greeted by Despina herself around 9pm and Katerina gave us a wonderfully informative orientation with printed recommendations of restaurants, activities, maps, bus schedules, you name it. The Junior Suite was a perfect size with the most comfortable canopy bed, tasteful furnishings, kitchenette and jacuzzi bathtub with fantastic water pressure. We were surprised with complimentary champagne and ice cream on our jacuzzi night. The view from the Anastasis was the best Santorini had to offer with a sunset that put one in Oia to shame. We had breakfast a few times on our balcony and the yogurt was the best I have ever had. The young men tending the property and pool were incredibly nice and offered to take a few pictures of my husband and I when they saw me fidgeting with my camera. My husband and I especially appreciated the fact that the the hotel was super quiet with only couples which offered us a relaxing refuge. Not only were we taken care of as guests of her hotel but Despina and her team were also there for us to make sure our wedding went smoothly. First, she arranged a car and driver to take us to our ceremony site and reception at a QUARTER of the price my wedding planner quoted me which really reflects how fair and honest she is. Also, my wedding dress and my husbands suit came wrinkled from travel and Despina arranged to have my my dress, veil and husband's suit steamed at a local dry cleaners. She brought and picked them up herself at no extra charge. When I asked her how much for the drop off and pick up she told me that there is no charge and that she did it from her heart. It is no wonder why this hotel has won best service on Tripadvisor.She also provided my husband a room to dress in on the day of the wedding and were incredibly nice to the hairdresser, wedding planner and photographer when they came to see us at the hotel. They were all impressed by the level of hospitality of everyone at the Anastasis. From giving us water bottles when embarking on our hike to Fira to all that was done to ensure our wedding day ran smoothly we will never forget the level of hospitality and care that went into our stay. Efharisto Despina, Katerina, and team!!! Dimitria and Michael

4 Thank evenstar944
Birmingham, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

My wife and I booked our 4 night stay at Anastasis Apartments based on all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and our expectations were exceeded in every way.

Despina, Katerina, Mr. Vagalis and the entire Anastasis staff were absolutely amazing. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. The service here is top-notch. They gave great advice on things to see/do while on the island and restaurant recommendations. Upon our arrival we asked Despina where to find a close grocery/convience store. Much to our surprise she offered to have Mr. Vagalis (her husband) drive us up to the store. That is just one of many examples of how amazing the service is.

They provide you with breakfast daily (you choose the time and place and they bring it to you), something different each day. The orange juice was the best I ever had! We also ordered lunch/snacks a couple of times and the food was very good and decently priced.

The view overlooking the caldera was absolutely amazing. I couldn't imagine it looking like the pictures, but it was even better. It was very romantic and it was nice being at a smaller more intimate place. There's no fighting for chairs poolside and it's quiet and relaxing.

Additionally, the facilities at the hotel were kept very clean. Our room was spotless and the pool area is kept emaculate. If a single bug landed in the pool it probably wasn't there longer than a minute before one of the young men working poolside would scoop it out. They certainly take great pride in their facilities and it shows.

My wife and I loved Anastasis Apartments and Santorini. We hope to return someday and would definitely choose Anastasis Apartments again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Highland123
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

First things first; believe all of the reviews on Tripadvisor about the Anastasis Apartments as they are all true.

My husband and I booked the Anastasis Apartments following the reviews we had read on this site and we are so pleased we did, the apartments do deserve the awards they have received.

Santorini accommodation can be very expensive, however we felt that taking into consideration the location (the views are amazing), the exemplary service, attention to detail and the cleanliness, we thought Anastasis was good value.

We cannot list the bad as there aren't any, however we can certainly tell you about the good. The views over the Caldra are breathtaking and as such the views of the sunsets are far better than crowded Oia at this time of the evening. The Apartments are very quiet so if you're looking for a holiday to getaway from it all then this is the place for you. The service is wonderful, before you even know you want something they have already thought about it. The title of this review says it all; the little touches and the thoughtfulness of the staff make these apartments so special, Despina should be proud of her staff, the best we have ever encountered on our travels. Lastly, although we could go on and on about Anastasis (but we'd be repeating the other reviews) is the fact that they are impeccably clean, we have never stayed anywhere so immaculately kept.

STAY, YOU'LL LOVE IT AND WANT TO RETURN!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wisc33
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

I booked this for our honeymoon based on our favorable reviews, and like everyone else before us, we had the vacation of a lifetime.

Despina and her staff will create for you a vacation like no other. We have never experienced anything close in terms of service, staff and location in our years of travel to Europe, Asia and North and South America. If you like something more quiet and off the beaten path (it's smack dab in the middle of Oia and Fira), this place is fantastic. Our recommendations:

1) Don't look any further for a honeymoon or romantic spot in Santorini; this is the place for you
2) Be ready to be surprised by their staff. What they do for you at Anastasis Apartments defines good service.
3) Listen closely to their recommendations, but be sure to express your price points and preferences (for instance, if you're okay to frequent some of the more expensive restaurants, tell them that and they will direct you to some gems)
4) Get an ATV and tour around the island ... a car or bus simply won't do it justice ... Despina will make all the arrangements for you and they will deliver the ATV to the hotel ... you can see most of what you want in a day's time, including beaches...during our ATV adventure, we loved the red sand beach, lighthouse, Santo winery (a must do for sunset wine tasting and incredible views), the Bay of Ammoudi (check out the swimming hole right over the hill past Dmitri's!)
5) Restaurant recs -- we loved Flame for a more casual Greek dinner, and for nicer fare, check out Ambrosia Nectar (their fried Feta appetizer was insanely good) and Vanillia for a fancy dinner with a view
6) For those athletes out there, if you like to run or take a hike, we recommend the trek to Oia from Anastasis ... bring a camera and water and be ready to be wowed. The hike to Fira is not as interesting, so if you do one, go to Oia.
7) If you can afford it, get one of the rooms at Anastasis with a private hot tub ... seeing the Caldera sunsets from a private terrace is breathtaking.

There's plenty more we can say about our trip, but we'll save you the time and just simply say we couldn't recommend a place more than this. We'll definitely be back for an anniversary in the future!

2 Thank Teletran1
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

My wife and I chose Anastasis Apartments as a honeymoon destination largely on the basis of previous good reviews on TripAdvisor, which promised a beautiful, peaceful haven with top quality service - we weren't disappointed.
We were met at the airport by a large car, which whisked us to the front door where we were met by Despina and some of her staff. All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming - they stayed in the background throughout the holiday but were nearby waiting in case you needed anything. Their attention to small details was fantastic - whenever we arrived back hot and dusty from a walk, someone would intercept us with a glass of cold water before we'd even got back to our room! The team smiled patiently through our attempts to practise our beginners' Greek on them - and they definitely helped to make the holiday for us.
They provided lots of useful information about the local area - including booking us into restaurants. We tried the local taverna (Tasos - 5 minutes walk, very friendly, with hearty local food) and also splashed out one evening on a meal at Vanilia (in Firostefani, with stunning sunset views over the caldera).
The apartments were very peaceful, and beautiful designed to offer plenty of storage space while keeping a simple, clean feel. The views across the caldera were, of course, stunning!

We had the optional breakfast every morning, which we would recommend, as there was always plenty - eggs, breads, fruit, yoghurt, juice - to set us up for the day. There were plenty of facilities in each apartment to make simple meals for ourselves - although we were lazy and tended to eat out every day!
Our rooms (the White Suite) came with a jacuzzi which was absolutely fabulous for relaxing in while watching the sun set over Oia - some of the other apartments didn't have their own jacuzzi, but for people in those apartments there was another jacuzzi set apart at the side of the grounds which could be booked for an evening.

The apartments were quite pricey compared to our usual holidays, but we really felt that we had value for money, as we came away with memories of a really indulgent stay - and an immediate plan to start saving up so that we could go back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jc72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Celestia Grand
#2 of 48 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#10 of 48 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Anastasis Apartments? Share your experiences!