“Rocabella Santorini”

Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights on our 1 year anniversary and were blown away. From the minute we got off the ferry, there was someone from the hotel there to greet us at the port and drive us to the hotel. On arrival, they were extremely friendly and gave us a 10 minute presentation of the hotel and the whole island (things to do and see and restaurants) as well as how to get to these places. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the scenery is magnificent, and the staff is courteous and extremely accommodating. Breakfast on our terrace in the morning was a special treat. The staff is a marvel of customer service...before you're given time to ask for anything, there is somebody there to provide it. I can't say enough good things about the beauty of this hotel and the staff. This hotel probably has one of the best views of the caldera and you can enjoy a beautiful sunset right on your balcony. The 2 pools were very nice with plenty of lounge chairs for the guests. The bar by the pool was great for cocktails-drinks and lunch. The service was excellent and food was very good.
What I really loved about this place was that it was very personable and made you feel like you were the only ones there.
The restaurant at the hotel was good but expensive.
This was probably one of the best places I have stayed and would definitely go back again and again!!!!!! We have stayed at many luxury hotels in the past but this one was truly a once in a lifetime experience....

• Stayed: August 2010
ROCABELLASANTORINI, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Dear George & Vicky

Thank you for taking the time, effort and trouble to add such a positive contribution to TripAdvisor. Absolutely charming. Thank you.!!
What a lovely, thoughtful and comprehensive review. What Manager could want for more?
I too hope your next year’s anniversary will again take you to somewhere equally special, memorable and good.

Appreciate,

Savas

There are newer reviews for Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 24, 2010

This beautiful resort in white set near the blue sea offers a truly memorable stay and a perfect relaxation break. Although we stayed there for just a night (before moving to Olympia) with our one year old baby, but the service, ambience, the rooms, the views, the Santorini weather, everything added up to make our holiday a perfect one.
Our room had a jacuzzi inside and when we checked into our room, we were served complimentary wine which was just amazing and set the mood for a nice stay. The rooms were clean and had all facilities. Breakfast was also simply awesome with a good variety of eatables including some delicious fresh home made croissants. Murad and his staff as well as the manager were very helpful and quick to respond to all our needs and requests. Would recomment this place to all...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2010

My finacee and I got married in Santorini this August and we brought 70 friends and family to enjoy four-day celebrations with us. I did alot of research on hotels in Santorini searching for the perfect hotel - I did not want any of my guests to be disappointed after having made a huge effort to come to our wedding, and this being the first time for most to Santorini - I could seriously not have chosen better.

First the hotel itself:
The hotel has a beautiful pool with plenty of sunbeds around it. There are more sunbed on a deck which has just incredible views. Sunset was a dream.
There is also another smaller, quieter pool for those who want a bit more chilling out. We never felt that it was overcrowded at all, even though it was at full capcity.
The bar service was great and the staff always obliging. The barman made whatever you asked for and remembered what your favourite was!

The room I was staying in before the wedding was a cave room and it was huge! The bathroom was lovely and spacious and the toiletries were great. They also have rooms to the rear of the property - very spacious as well but no views.

However, the best thing about this hotel was how accomodating all the staff were. I can tell its normally a very serene hotel (alot of couples etc) and my wedding party were boistrous to say the least. We also had a few guests who had not been able to book at Rocabella as it was fully booked but the staff were more than gracious in letting them come and hang out with us in the pool area despite our livliness. They never said an angry word to us or any of our group and went out of their way to make our time enjoyable.

So, to Savas the manager, to Maria and Anna and all the other staff who made our wedding time absolutely perfect, I cannot thankyou enough. We will definitly be coming back to Santorini, and we will definitly be going back to Rocabella again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank zchaw71
Reviewed November 3, 2010

If you want a hotel that has it all, Rocabella Resort is the place. Located in the charming city of Imerovigli, Rocabella is a gem hotel. We had our conference in Santorini. Many of our guests stayed at Rocabella. Its been almost 3 months since the conference and people still can not stop talking about it. The Facilities were great, the staff so helpful at what ever we needed and the view was just breathtaking.
I'd like to thank especially the owner and the manager for helping us out for whatever we asked or needed.
I m sure that I will visit Santorini and staying at Rocabella again, hoping this time it will be only for holidays.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

A unique location on top of “the Santorini Caldera” It is located between Fyra and Oia
Sundown takes place in front of your room !!
One of the best hotel’s points is that you can approach it through the main island Eastern car-road and you only have to walk from the reception to your room without having to descent hundreds of steps
Kind-helpful almost friendly staff –Nice open view rooms
Notice that by the next season opening the hotel will be totally reconstructed

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank panosmon
ROCABELLASANTORINI, Owner at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2010

This last review gives me the opportunity to thank from the bottom of my heart all Santorini lovers that have chosen to stay at Rocabella, and have become my true friends (some may call them clients as well...but for me they are all friends).
Some years ago, this place was created as my summer house when my kids were little, as well as a guest house for my friends and my business relations. Although Rocabella got bigger and was turned into a chic and simple family owned suites complex in one of the most breathtaking places on earth (I hope that all those who have stayed with us will basically agree with this "title" that I feel it describes in the most accurate way this hotel...), it still is and always will be welcoming, cordial, romantic, breathtaking, true, unique and simply unforgetable...
Folks, once more a big "THANK YOU" and a promiss: I will always try to keep the "homey" feeling of this place, and I will always try to make your stay better and better...

Your host (and friend)

Nikitas

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed at Rocabella recently with a yoga group and shared a room with 2 of my best friends...nothing disappointed! The property is beautiful and perfectly situated between Thira and Oeia with spectacular views of the caldera and the sunsets. I've traveled all over the world for business and leisure and the staff at Rocabella is among the finest I've experienced - serious attention to detail. The design and aesthetic of Rocabella is exquisite and I cannot WAIT to come back again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kristiningeman
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have travelled to many hotels and resorts around the world and this resort is my favorite, it is truly amazing. This is the second time I have stayed at Rocabella and I would highly recommend it. The manager Savas and the staff are exceptional. It is a spacious & beautiful resort with breathtaking views. Rooms are really nice and clean ! Love the place ! Costas P , Melbourne Aus

• Stayed: August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#21 of 51 in Imerovigli
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Been to Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!