This is our second visit to the Rocabella, our last vist being in June of 2004 and my belief that it is the best place to stay in Santorini was confirmed. Aside from the friendliness of the staff and welcoming environment, the hotel has added two extra lounging/pool areas for more privacy, if someone does not want to relax by the main pool, which personally is my favourite. This time we stayed in a superior double room which although was not as large as the suite we had in 2004, was very comfortable for our needs. The use of space in the smallest rooms is excellent as is the breathtaking view from our bed. Every morning I arose to the view of Oia across the blue sea. The bed and pillows were very comfortable which for me is very important as I slept very well and felt well rested for the day's events. The showers and wc were modern, clean and spacious. I enjoyed the shower massage and was grateful that the shower room was separate from the wc. In general the cleanliness of the rooms gets a star rating from me and I have to say it is one of the things that I am quite picky about. We arrived much earlier than checkin and were accomodated about 5 hours early, as soon as the room became available as it was a very busy weekend. The main pool/bar area is magnificent as it has a great use of the space and very comfortable deck beds and chairs on the wooden deck in the front. There is a whole wing facing the sea on the left that is also a bit more private that we enjoyed two days in a row on the double sunbed. Music and food were both tasteful. We ordered from the restaurant both days and enjoyed all meals, especially the pennes with vegetables and goats cheese. The breakfast room has an excellent view and we were able to take our breakfast outside to one of the seating areas and enjoy the calm of the sea in the morning. In general the view from all rooms and parts of the hotel is unique as it looks out onto the sea and Oia on the right hand side and this view is not thwarted by other hotels and rooms. This is the best part of the view as I have been to Santorini so many times but I normally stayed in places that looked onto other rooms/hotels. The Rocabella is on its own and it is a magnificent location as you can get to Oia quickly and to Firostefani and Fira quickly. It's basically in the middle. This also helps with parking as the parking lot is right behind the hotel and not in the hub of Imerovigli so you can have easy access to your room from the parking. This is my favourite part of Imerovigli as I believe it is the most exclusive.
I plan to visit Rocabella whenever I am in Santorini - it is a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella Santorini A memorable stay in Santorini. Discover the hospitality of Rocabella Santorini! On an island of unique beauty begins your experience of an accommodation refined down to the smallest detail! Discover the landscapes, the flavors, the magic of Santorini as afforded by Rocabella Santorini's brand new concept of hospitality. Rocabella Santorini is a spread of 11,000 square meters in the picturesque village of Imerovigli. It overlooks the caldera, the volcano and the surrounding islands and is host to memorable sunsets. A beautiful hotel, it's one of the most popular ones on the island. Here you will experience a new era of hospitality. The pleasant staff of Rocabella Santorini welcomes guests with genuine warmth, making you feel instantly "at home". The hotel offers a range of facilities and services that makes your stay a cherished holiday or an unforgettable honeymoon. Rocabella Santorini initiates the Santorini experience; in the hotel you'll feel the warmth of the Mediterranean sun at one of four swimming pools, you'll feel rejuvenated at the modern gym and refreshed in the exceptional spa. Enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine or with your favorite cocktail along with regional and Mediterranean delicacies by chef Xenakis Gikas. To add truly romantic touches to your honeymoon, plan your wedding with the help of the experienced wedding planners of Rocabella Santorini. Choose from a variety of Greece's traditional tasty products and find clothes and accessories at the hotel's boutique that have been carefully selected just for the guests of Rocabella Santorini. Rocabella Santorini offers an experience that you will never forget on the most beautiful island in the world, unique Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa Imerovigli, Greece