A week in the late summer sunshine with my wife, as both my boys are now away at University and the "nest is empty".
After a minor problem on arrival finding somewhere to park (not an issue for the remainder of the holiday once we were told about the "dreams" car park a short distance away) we were shown to our room. We had paid a little extra for the slightly larger room, and were happy with this decision, not that there is anything wrong with the smaller ones, we just enjoyed the extra space.
Our room had a bedroom area down a corridor, and this was pleasantly cool but my wife has a minor medical problem just now and doesn't do well with too much heat. On the first night she was a little warm, so the owners brought us a small bedside fan, and even offered us a larger one from their home if this was not sufficient. They really did everything they could to make our stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
The front of our room had a Jacuzzi bath and a small sink/cooking area with a fridge. Breakfast was provided each day - you call from your room phone and they serve it on the deck in front of your room whenever you are ready. Whilst there was not a great deal variety there is so much available (toasted sandwich, break, pastries, cake etc.) that you can order bits each day to mix things up if you wish. At the weekend my wife cooked bacon, sausages and fried eggs on the cooker, bought at the local shop 5 mins walk from our room, so this is also an option.
The view from the deck outside all of the rooms is absolutely amazing. There is a cliff top path that runs above the hotel, and people make the trip just to see the view of the caldera and the cruise ships in the bay below - when staying here this is a real bonus right on your door step.
We did note how the owners took onboard suggestions from previous Trip Advisor feedback - someone had commented about the lack of wardrobe space in one of the smaller rooms with a sleeping platform. Due to the curved walls and limited space a standard wardrobe would not be an option, but they had provided a hanging rail. It is the little touches and attention to detail that make a difference, and the owners have certainly made every effort to ensure guests have a relaxing stay with them.
There are some steep steps in and out of the hotel; but on Santorini, especially on the western side of the island, everywhere has steps. If you don’t want steps then give up the amazing views and head for a beach front hotel on the east side – you may regret this if you do!
An amazing place with great hosts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel on top of the cliffs of the Caldera of Santorini island facing a breathtaking view are built according to the Aegean architectural style and located at the picturesque village of Imerovigli, on an altitude of 330 m. offering wellness by the outside pool or at the studio's indoor Jacuzzi, with aromatherapy, in tranquility and relaxation for a memorable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Aeolos Studios & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeolos Villas Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Aeolos Hotel Santorini
- Aeolos Hotel Imerovigli
- Aeolos Studios & Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece