My fiancé and I stayed here over the last week and couldn't fault it. In response to the bad reviews:
There are saucepans in the kitchenette which were entirely adeque for boiling water or making simple pasta dishes ( we cooked 1 night of the 7 as there are lovely restaurants near by which serve beautiful dishes and are reasonably priced and it's only a 15 minute walk to Firostenia where there are even more restaurants and another 15 minutes to Fira)
The air conditioning works fine as long as the doors and windows are shut and we did not find the cave room to be humid at all.
The staff were very polite and helpful and helped with luggage.
The breakfast was the same every day but it was ample and fit for all tastes...they may have changed it since previous reviews but we had..a boiled egg each, Greek yogurt and honey, a cheese and ham toastie, croissants, bread and cake and tea and coffee. I agree that fruit would have been a welcome accompaniment however I did not see much fruit on the island as a whole. Served from 9am until 12pm and on your own balcony at a time to suit you is lovely.
Yes the balcony areas (apart from the honeymoon suite) are shared as us the pool area but we did not find this a disadvantage. We made some good friends and shared tips about restaurants and places to visit! I guess it depends on how socialable you are! Hotels and villas with entirely private verandas are available at twice or more the cost per night.
The pool is small but then so are are the other pools I saw on the cliffs. My one critism of this pool was its depth..it' would have been better to have been shallower in order that you could stand at least at one side and so that it warmed up as it was pretty chilly even when 30+ outside.
Imerovigil is a beautiful place to stay perfect views, nice restaurants and the best location with Firostenia and Fira only a short walk away and Oia 15 minutes in a car or quad bike.
We are quite adventurous and like to get around so we hired a quad bike for €40 a day (including insurance) and whizzed around the whole island. It took us 4 days to get everywhere but that was with lengthy lunches and stops for drinks.
One thing you must do when on the island is a sunset cruise. Shop around!! When we first got there we spoke to a rep who said it would be €100+ each. We found one for €25 each! The volcano is amazing to see and the hot springs were an experience! But watching the sunset on the boat was just so romantic!
I would not recommend this side of the island to anyone who is instead on their feet as there is a lot of walking to be done and the paths are not the most well kept.
Thoroughly enjoyable, amazing and relaxing holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel on top of the cliffs of the Caldera of Santorini island facing a breathtaking view are built according to the Aegean architectural style and located at the picturesque village of Imerovigli, on an altitude of 330 m. offering wellness by the outside pool or at the studio's indoor Jacuzzi, with aromatherapy, in tranquility and relaxation for a memorable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aeolos Studios & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeolos Villas Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Aeolos Hotel Santorini
- Aeolos Hotel Imerovigli
- Aeolos Studios & Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece