“The Perfect Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nefeli Homes

Nefeli Homes
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“The Perfect Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We didn't have any hotel reservation and we absolutely lucked out at the airport courtesy desk! She showed us pictures of this hotel, at the tip of the caldera, and we never thought we would find such a wonderful place on short notice. We did go just before high season, which I'm sure helped. We arrived at dusk and the view was breathtaking! We were picked up at the airport and shuttled to the hotel, where we were greeted and offered something to drink, which they brought to us on the balcony (no charge). Very friendly and eager to please. During our stay they went out of their way to help us in any way with phone calls and things like that. We enjoyed our breakfast served to us on the balcony each morning with a view that I'll never forget. I would highly recommend this place. It would be hard to beat this deal. It was the total package: Ambiance, nice rooms, view, amenities, helpful proprietors, & location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy4567

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was there the last week in October, me and my parents and a couple of friends. We had two excellent and cute rooms.
We had a wonderful time; they pick us up from the airport which was great from their part.
Ioanna the owner is wonderful, she treated us great, and we all loved her.
The views from the caldera are breathtaking. I will definitely recommend Nefeli homes. Great service, great breakfast, cute rooms and great views.
Giasou Ioanna!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy28970
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I was recommeded to stay in Nefeli homes by Yannis of Adrianna, Naxos. Pick up was prompt at the New Port, and they have couple of hotels under their wing. The room that i took was a suite at a discounted price. The best thing about this small room is that its built into the cliff and the air inside is always cool. The view was breathtaking from the balcony.... and I thought that was the best view, but i was stunned in the morning looking at the mist playing hide and seek with the ferries below......

Simply a must see place. Nefeli homes was in one of the best locations and the owners were really friendly. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nithyan
athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was there last week for 4 nights with my boyfriend (we are 28 and 32 years old). We had room number 1 (I saw room number 5 though and i think it s the best). Although the room was for 2 persons it was huge!It had a large twin bed and two singles!The room gave you the feeling that it is somebody's home and had a traditional style.Generally it looked a little bit worn (eg. 3 lamps didn't work) except for the bathroom which was brand new and modern. Our balcony was the cutest ever!! Great view (buy little candles to put them in the lantern)!!

As far as the premises are concerned, they need renovation to some points as well.. e.g. worn sunbeds and in some cases torn.
The breakfast was very ordinary: Juice,yogurt,bread,butter,marmelade,honey,coffee and 3 slices of cheese and 3 slices of ham. The feeling having the breakfast though at the highest point of the island was perfect!

The reason i gave this hotel 4/5 is that the view is the most amazing of all the places in the island (Imerovigli has the highest altitude, higher than Thira and Oia) and it offers you a swimming pool to cool yourself when the sun heats you enough (other hotels nearby were more luxury but people were "burning" on their sunbeds since there was no pool. Hotels which were more luxury than Nefeli and also had a pool were extremely expensive,thats why i chose Nefeli).

I've been in this island for 3 times and the location and the view are undoubtedly the most perfect.

As far as the swimming pool is concerned don't worry for the size!!! Nefeli homes has 10 rooms and almost never were we in the swimming pool together with other people. Also if you notice the other hotels nearby (the ones that are on the cliff), the swimming pools are not big at all (maybe it s not so easy to make them due to limited space,cliff etc) . The swimming pools at this side of the island are more to cool yourself while having the breathtaking views, than really swim!!

Fira town was 15-20 minutes away on foot but if you take the sea- side route is the best walk you ever had!! You really enjoy it as you walk into little picturesque roads with traditional-island white houses with sometimes colourfoul roofs, and gives you the opportunity to take perfect photos of the Volcano, Imerovigli, Fira, Firasia and even Oia at some points. If you are on a hurry the bus stop is very close to the hotel(so is the supermarket). The buses can get you to Oia in about 10-15 minutes and in Fira town in 3-4 minutes.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. They took us from the port and got as there as well when we left. It is a family-run business.

Generally i suggest this hotel for sure to couples and honeymooners who dont really care for very luxury stuff. I have to notice that if i didn't live in Greece and visited this hotel i would be even more excited about the whole thing(eg. even the old traditional-island style that the rooms are decorated with, is something usual and indiffirent to us Greeks but to foreign people is something really interesting and cute) because when you travel abroad you are more enthousiastic about everything!In fact I would have almost no negative thing to write.I would probably characterise this place (Santorini) and this hotel heaven on earth!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank koukou1983
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Nefeli Homes sits on top of a cliff in Imerovigli, Santorini. This affords you a great view of the caldera, the volcano and the rest of the island. I find that you may enjoy views of both the sunrise and sunset from the top deck. The rooms are homey - feels like being in somebody's home. The owners are warm and accomodating.

At low peak periods (we were there in October 2010), the prices were very cheap at 40 Euros per person.

See my comprehensive review in my blog: http://goo.gl/fb/kpnUy

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

This hotel is perfect. We were aprehensive about staying on the Caldera considering the high pricing. This hotel is very reasonably priced. Its situated right at the top of the Caldera which makes the views AMAZING! The only tip I would have for visitors is to chose your room carefully. We weren't crazy about the first room we saw so they gladly showed us another one and it was PERFECT! Rooms are very clean. I noticed even our floors were mopped everytime they'd clean our room.

We were only flying out of Santorini at night time, even though check out was at noon, Joana offered to personally take us to the airport later that night if we wanted to.

Great service, Great Location, Great Price!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

When my wife saw the view from the front door she gasped. When I was told the price, I took it up immeadiatly. Our apartment had extensive views from all rooms, balcony and the upstairs bedroom. There was a spiral staircase to the bedroom.
Pros:
Great views from every room.
Host was very friendly and as helpful as possible.
Service was good but could be improved.
Very good value for the money we paid.
Cons:
The banister in the upstairs bedroom was short and made us nervous that we would trip over it and fall to the room below. This Really Needs Attention asap.
A faint, bad smell occasional wafted through the apartment. Other times we could smell the chlorine from the pool nearby.
Evangelo told us we would be able to see the sunset from our apartment. You Can't. We had to walk over 100m South from the apartment to see it. (maybe in winter?)
Breakfast was poor.
The rooms were on the small side, but for the money I don't think I should complain.
I would recommed this to a friend for the value it offered and for the warm and friendly host, Joanna, but only if they can get the same room as us and would prefer to stock up to make their own breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple