We stayed as a couple expecting something incredible for 310 euro a night. What we got was far from luxury (as advertised on trip adviser) and a suite (more like a pensione). And I have travelled all over the world and never paid this much for this quality. While the greeting was good the hotel fell short in so many ways, the front desk is generally unmanned for most of the time. Every thing was average from the splash pool size (with 4 deck chairs if you can get one) and views are restricted by buildings. Yes there are nice views above the buildings but there are views from almost everywhere in Imerovigli. The bathroom, toilet shower was literally about 2 metres square with cracked tiling. The tap and door handle fell off while using them, the hair dryer didn't work. The kitchen bench was unusable with wiring strewn all over it for the intermittent wifi router and phone. There is a switch for hot water and the bed was a double (and old lumpy mattress) not a 'queen' as advertised! and hard up against a wall so my partner had to sleep on the couch. The breakfast was very simple and not hosted. I asked for staff (all one of them) to arrange a car four times throughout the day and although promised it never arrived. Staying at one of the Astra Junior Suites the next night 30 metres away for barely more money was like chalk and cheese. Fantastic views, huge pool, great service, great bar, breakfast delivered (and cooked) and amazing room at the Astra, proper 'suites' with a proper queen size bed and amazing shower. My car was organised in 5 minutes! Don't fall for the spin at the Heliotopos, it's a three star at best hotel/pensione which should be at about a third of the cost advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heliotopos is a unique boutique hotel complex in the traditional dome style, with one or two storey suites and studio apartments. Built on the foundations of old island structures it has been constructed to reflect the beauty of Santorini's architecture. Located at the highest point of the crater-top (the rim of the Caldera) it offers an extraordinary, breathtaking view of the volcano, the sea and the surrounding islets from every point of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heliotopos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliotopos Hotel Imerovigli
- Heliotopos Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece