I had the chance to visit Heliotopos for the first time in 2009, I absolutely fell in love with the place and with the people there... In 2011, I went back to attend a friend's wedding (organized by Lila - the hotel owner) and this year I decided to visit the island once again with my fiancée.
So all in all, 3 visits and 3 chances to stay in the hospitality of Heliotopos and be able to judge the "Mystique" of this place.
During our last stay a couple of weeks back, a couple that was looking at having their wedding there asked me what brought me back for the 3rd time to Heliotopos; my answer was simple: "it's the real deal!"
I reflected on it and found that what brought me back again and again was "the" real experience of a family run boutique hotel in Santorini, I come back because the people who work there genuinely care about you, your stay and your experience, they warm up and open to you as much as you want to open up to them...
The hotel is very well located on the caldera with, in my opinion, wthe best place to watch the sunset from.
The rooms are unique and cosy furnished traditionally and are very clean.
The breakfast can't be simpler and more homemade than at this "place in the sun"
My work takes me into the best hotels in the world... I have done (and still do) the ritz, the 4 seasons and JW etc. and fancy the convenience and services that these hotels can offer but this is not why I pick and will continue to pick Heliotops.
So if you are looking for a hot tub and a massage on your balcony, then probably this is not a good hotel for you... If you are looking for a real Santorinian romantic experience then look no further.
- Make sure you eat the eggplant pie in filo dough.
- Ask Lila or costas about the hotel history and how they built it.
- Meet Yiota, she will amaze you with her genuineness...
- Shaee with them your travel plans in the morning, they will tell you what to do and most importantly how to do it...
- make sure you steal some recipes from either Lila or Yiota.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heliotopos is a unique boutique hotel complex in the traditional dome style, with one or two storey suites and studio apartments. Built on the foundations of old island structures it has been constructed to reflect the beauty of Santorini's architecture. Located at the highest point of the crater-top (the rim of the Caldera) it offers an extraordinary, breathtaking view of the volcano, the sea and the surrounding islets from every point of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heliotopos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliotopos Hotel Imerovigli
- Heliotopos Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece