“3rd time”
Review of Heliotopos Hotel

Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had the chance to visit Heliotopos for the first time in 2009, I absolutely fell in love with the place and with the people there... In 2011, I went back to attend a friend's wedding (organized by Lila - the hotel owner) and this year I decided to visit the island once again with my fiancée.
So all in all, 3 visits and 3 chances to stay in the hospitality of Heliotopos and be able to judge the "Mystique" of this place.

During our last stay a couple of weeks back, a couple that was looking at having their wedding there asked me what brought me back for the 3rd time to Heliotopos; my answer was simple: "it's the real deal!"
I reflected on it and found that what brought me back again and again was "the" real experience of a family run boutique hotel in Santorini, I come back because the people who work there genuinely care about you, your stay and your experience, they warm up and open to you as much as you want to open up to them...
The hotel is very well located on the caldera with, in my opinion, wthe best place to watch the sunset from.
The rooms are unique and cosy furnished traditionally and are very clean.
The breakfast can't be simpler and more homemade than at this "place in the sun"

My work takes me into the best hotels in the world... I have done (and still do) the ritz, the 4 seasons and JW etc. and fancy the convenience and services that these hotels can offer but this is not why I pick and will continue to pick Heliotops.
So if you are looking for a hot tub and a massage on your balcony, then probably this is not a good hotel for you... If you are looking for a real Santorinian romantic experience then look no further.

Few tips:
- Make sure you eat the eggplant pie in filo dough.
- Ask Lila or costas about the hotel history and how they built it.
- Meet Yiota, she will amaze you with her genuineness...
- Shaee with them your travel plans in the morning, they will tell you what to do and most importantly how to do it...
- make sure you steal some recipes from either Lila or Yiota.

Cheers//eak

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilpastoreabruseze

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed in Heliotopos for 5 nights in July & it was a wonderful experience! We had 2 interconnecting studios which accommodated 6 of us very comfortably and whilst the rooms are not luxurious, they are very authentic, and traditionally cave-styled which added to the experience. The view is SPECTACULAR and it felt like we were living in a postcard - we just could not get enough of it. The location is perfect, far enough away from Fira and the crowds especially when 5 cruise ships dock, but close enough to catch a taxi or even walk - although the 30-45 minute walk took us much longer as we had to keep stopping to take photos!
What makes Heliotopos special is the warmth & hospitality of the staff, especially Lila who's recommendations for dinner were always spot-on! She also makes wonderful pies which we loved in the breakfast buffet! We would recommend Heliotopos highly.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My daughter and I have just spent a week at the lovely Heliotopos Hotel in Imerovigli, Santorini.
The hotel is in a superb location, on the highest point of the Caldera , with all rooms and terraces sharing the wonderful view of the sea and the islands. The rooms are simply furnished in traditional Santorini style. The hotel is run by the owners and their experienced friendly staff and on arrival we immediately felt welcome. We found everyone very knowlegeable and helpful throughout. We loved the Greek buffet breakfast which includes freshly squeezed orange juice, fruit , a range of home made jams, yoghurt. The fresh local bread, homemade pies and cakes, were delicious and different every day.There is a good local restaurant 5 minutes walk from the hotel, and many others within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ROSALIND L
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I really can't find the words to express what I feel about this place..! The location is magnificent! You have the most beautiful view in the world in front of your eyes at any moment! Sunsets at Heliotopos are something so unique.. so special! I really can't take out of my mind the moments I had there! Hotel staff are so friendly..! They have always a bright smile for everyone! Always next to their customers to "satisfy" whatever they might need! I really feel the need to thank you for everything you've done for me and my wife ladies! You are just PERFECT!

With lots of love,
Nikos Sirigonakis

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

When my adorable friends decided that our destination will be Greece, I wans't expecting more than an another vacation in a new country and culture. Later, was the surprise for me! It was so wonderful to have had the chance to visit such a hilarious Santorini in Greece! Staying at HELITOPOS was more than a successful choice! We had such a gracious hosts. We appreciated being able to stay in this lovely hotel and we greatly enjoyed all of warm hospitality, care, services, generous and smily people without forgetting the incredible gourmet appetizers, the delicious meals and desserts, the food, drink and music were simply fabulous, we have shared all this among our sleepless days and nights. We had a blast while participating out on tours of the area. The country is absolutely beautiful, and there are so many fun and interesting spots the average tourist would never find on their own. It was exciting to see and experience a bit of how the locals live and play.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Lila, Vanda, Yiota are amazing. We researched where to have our wedding and the personal service you get from Lila over the internet is by far what sets her above all others in the area. She always responded promptly with questions. It was by far a never forget experience.We ran into some problems with documents and Lila had alternatives solutions that ended up being better than what we had originally planned! She reserved the best Photographer, the best Videographer, and best Hair Stylist (& Make up) I could have asked for. Ms. Helen, you were amazing and thanks for the help with my dress.

The food is amazing (Lila is an amazing cook). The morning breakfast is also amazingly delicious. The ceremony was amazing (both of them). The view is incredible, the staff is so hospitable. We had such an amazing experience. While we ran into some problems as long as you aren't high strung and amendable to changes (or understand the European way--laid back) you will be fine and Lila and her staff will do everything physically possible to take care of you and your family! Thank you for making the event so relaxing! Everyone had a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: Because Santorini is on the hillside there are steps everywhere. If you don't like stairs pick t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Heliotopos is an AWESOME hotel located on the island of Santorini. We went recently for our daughter's wedding. The staff @ the Heliotopos were extremely helpful to her desires and needs to make her day so memorable. The outstanding view of the bay is breath taking as well as a terrific back drop for the ceremony. The personnel had contacts in place for making their day what they wanted and very stress free for all. The photographer and the videographer capture the moments of the day and came highly recommended by the Heliotopos staff. The food was tremendous and we appreciated the family style presentation of the meals. The desserts were original Greek food and tasted mouthwatering. Each day we had a superb breakfast with fresh
squeezed orange juice on the spot!!!
I would highly recommend this hotel to ALL who desire a relaxing, picturesque, momentous and wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: all rooms have a super view of the water and a unique view of the daily sunsets!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family