“More than luxury suites - service was top class”
Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Love this place. Popi was most helpful in every way even months before our trip (to celebrate a birthday), giving tips on restaurants, caterers, car rentals, check-in processes, etc. which enabled me to organise a great getaway for 21 people spread over 4 localities with minimum hassle. With her help in advance of our trip, everything went smoothly and she saved me a lot of time and trouble even though there were so many of us and staying in 4 locations (which could have been a logistical nightmare otherwise). Astra Suites have amazing views especially the White Star Villa - simply breathtaking. Service was top class and that made our parties so much more special and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I can only say wonderful things about Astra Suites. I visited at the end of May and was so impressed with the grounds, the location, the service and staff, including the owner who welcomed us upon arrival. They were so helpful and informative on excursions and ways to navigate the island and make the most out of our stay. We also enjoyed an amazing upgrade to the Honeymoon Suite for the first few nights which was so beautiful, private and serene. I have never been more relaxed. The pool at sunset was almost magical and the martinis to sip while enjoying it were excellent. I was also thankful we stayed in Imerovigli as Fira and Oia would get much too crowded and annoying after a cruise ship came in. It was nice to visit those villages and have our home in the middle. There was no shortage of great restaurants in walking distance. There's not much else I can say that hasn't already been said, but I am a Travel Consultant myself and I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend this hotel to my clients. I give it 5 stars through and through.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Everyone will tell you that you have to hit up Oia on Santorini to get the best views/sunsets, but to be quite honest from Astra Suites in Imerovigli you get nearly the same view without the crowds of cruise passengers. Staff sat us down when we arrived to give us maps and talk us through sites we might want to see on the island. Breakfast is delivered to your balcony every morning, they kept the rooms very clean, and the small pool was warm and right next door to our suite. We walked to Fira quite a bit, which can be a mini-hike from this hotel (but buses are available if you don't feel up to all the stairs). The path to Skaros rock is near the hotel, a very easy walk down/out with some nice views but more demanding coming back up. Don't miss getting a bite at nearby Anogi restaurant, delicious. They book up quickly for dinner so plan ahead (or visit for lunch like we did).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just came back from 4 days at the Astra Suites in Santorini and I have to say it was the BEST vacation ever! We were there on our honeymoon, and were so taken aback with not only the beautiful views, but also the room we were give in this great hotel and the ladies at reception. Helen and Anna are the nicest women and we were just so happy with the whole vacation.

We ate at the restaurant and the food was really good. They recommended the fish which was OMG so good and the chocolate mousse dessert was so delicious.

The hotel was located perfectly.. the best view ever and there is a 30 minute walk through the hotels into town.

The girls at the front desk helped us rent a car for the day and we went to the red beach and black beach, and we ate at some really great restaurants.

I think this place is heaven on earth and the treatment you get from the staff makes you feel like you are the only guest and the most important. WE LOVED IT!

Plus... the bartender made the best ever mango strawberry smoothie. It was the bomb!!

Room Tip: Room 103 was the best :-)
Reviewed June 16, 2014

On the last stop of our honeymoon, we were greeted at the airport by the hotel transportation, (which happened to be the only prearranged transportation on our multi destination trip that was on time!) We had an early morning flight to Santorini and the staff were helpful and friendly. Amazingly, the room was ready early and they allowed us to go up have breakfast and catch some sleep, a huge bonus as we were expecting not to gain access to the room till later in the day. The hotel is clean, well maintained and the views are spectacular. This place will go the extra mile to make sure your stay is comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel for relaxation and romance.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

What can I say? Extraordinary location, with a view to die for -- and a staff that really knows how to go the extra mile. We stayed in the smallest suite, which means the rooms can only get better from our benchmark.

Just bear in mind that this is Santorini, with lots of steep stairs wherever you go. This is not for people who have trouble climbing, or with a fear of (steep) heights.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110 if you can. Because it's right on the main stairway, it has the least privacy of...
1  Thank RRGarner
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Could not be happier with my experience at Astra Suites. The view of the sunsets cannot be topped. My Wife and I took an ATV, which astra provided, all around Santorini and I did not find a better part of the island then our hotel. In the reception desk they have all their awards on the wall. I am not shocked that they have won a bunch of awards. The service, views and food were perfect. Highly recomend having dinner at the restaurant at the hotel at sunset. Amazing food and view. I would love to go back there at somepoint in my life.

Room Tip: Suites with the private balcony are amazing
2  Thank Douglas J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Kapari Natural Resort
Kapari Natural Resort
#10 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!