Astra was recommended to us for our honeymoon by our wedding planner who spent her own honeymoon there! So how could we go wrong, right? Of course we did some additional research of our own, but kept coming back to Astra Suites, mesmerized by the amazing photos on their website but still wary if it could truly be that beautiful! Well we are happy to report, it truly is that beautiful, and then some!
From the moment we were whisked away from the airport by Astra's friendly driver, and deposited into the caring, capable arms of the incredible Astra staff, we knew our wedding planner was right all along, there could be no better honeymoon spot in Santorini, or the world, for that matter!
The hotel manager, George Karayiannis, runs a tight ship, we never experienced anything less than stellar. From the superb breakfasts served on our balcony every morning, to the sunset cocktails pool side, and the starry alfresco dinners served late into the night, talk about romantic! George even sent us sunset champagne & chocolates to enjoy at our own private swimming pool, and other charming honeymoon surprises throughout the week, completely complimentary just for honeymooners! His staff suggested a rental car for at least a day or two to explore the island at our own pace, which we highly recommend, especially since they arrange the car to be delivered and picked up there, so no worries. We also enjoyed leisurely walks along the caldera cliffs near the hotel, so pretty! But in all our island exploration, nothing matched the stunning views from our very own balcony at Astra Suites. Hands down, the best honeymoon spot in Santorini!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece