“Astra Suites can make your dreams become a reality!”
Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Dundalk, Ireland
“Astra Suites can make your dreams become a reality!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently staying in Astra Suites. Little did she know that I had a proposal planned. The staff of Astra Suites helped make this happen in the most amazing way. They were so supportive and the service provided was nothing short of legendary. The food, the panoramic views of the caldera, the Senior Suite facilities, the warm smiles, made this such an amazing trip for us. I simply cannot recommend Astra Suites enough. In our busy world, this really is an oasis of dreams... To George, George, Dimitrious, Helen and all the extended staff, Thank you!

Room Tip: Pay Extra for the Senior Suite to make the most of your stay...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 10, 2013

All I can say is AMAZING!!!!

All of the staff were fantastic, From Helen (in the mornings) to the room service boys, we could not fault their service.

They were all very friendly and genuine with their service.

The recommendations for restaurants, beaches and activities from Helen were perfect for what we wanted.

The food and wine was also sensational.

I am a very experienced traveller staying in hotels in more than 22 country's from around the world and your service and facilities as definitely 10/10.

I have already recommended you to my friends that are planning to take a holiday in the Greek Islands and am telling friends that aren't that they should.

A HUGE thankyou from Both my partner and I, And we want to let you know that we will be back, and our favourite room was the poolside room and will definitely be back to stay in that room.

I can't say anything that you could have done better to help you improve because for us it was faultless, you even organised the most beautiful weather and sunsets :)

Many thanks again, see you next year!!!!

Room Tip: The pool Suite was our favourite, we stayed 7 nights and stayed in the honeymoon suite, Pool suite a...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for three days as part of our honeymoon before leaving Greece and were very impressed by the whole experience. Staff were friendly and helpful, service was fantastic, food was amazing and the view breathtaking.

We ate breakfast at Astra every day and tried the room service and restaurant. Food was always great and the made-to-order breakfast on your balcony is a relaxing start to the day. The steak with gnocchi at the restaurant is highly recommended; another couple sitting next to us ordered it as well and agreed it was the best steak they've ever had.

The complementary gifts for honeymooners made our time there even more memorable.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Astra exceeded every expectation we had by far! The staff was the friendliest of any place I have ever travelled. The food was excellent and the view was incredible. This is definitely in the quieter part of town which was very nice. Breakfast was served daily and it was always such a treat. The rooms were wonderful and always super clean. I am very picky about bed comfort and they were excellent! We spent 9 days here on our honeymoon and it was very romantic. We were so extremely sad when we had to leave because it was perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend this to all travelers!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was awesome and if you can afford the pool suites they looked amazing!
1 Thank sralsty3
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I ended our Greece honeymoon here and enjoyed every minute. The breakfast was delicious and the service was top notch! George and Helen at the front desk were extremely helpful and attentive. The waiter and waitress at the restaurant were also fantastic! Very friendly and helped us better understand the island. They really spoil you at this hotel and it was appreciated!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked in June/July for an August Stay. The key is to book well in advance and get better rates. I was trying to not spend a fortune but stay at a great resort. This was my only mistake. I booked a pool suite for the first night and then moved to a senior suite.

We arrived on an early flight and were at the resort by 10am. When you get out and start to walk down to the resort it really kicks in that there are a lot of stairs, some very steep and not sloped the best. The resort has people that will carry your bags down and they need them. We met George who as every one else mentions is great. He gives a lot of good suggestions and once you start to figure your way around the island it is great to have names of places to eat at as there are so may places. Our room was not ready but they let us use a spare room to change and then we headed to the pool where they brought us breakfast. The views area really amazing. We finally were told our room was ready shortly after noon and we were on our way

Room 304 is absolutely amazing. The infinity pool was very private and the views were just stunning. As others have mentioned the pools are not heated but the pool in the pool suite is warmer than the main pool. The room is truly a suite. Only issue was getting the AC to the lower temperatures.

Because of my stinginess we had to move to a senior suite. Looking back I should have stayed in the pool suite the whole time and just paid more, if your on the fence about spending more do it, it is really worth the extra money. We also ordered room service for lunch which was great. The first day they had left us a bottle of wine.

The senior suite we were moved to was room 201. As I mentioned to George it really should not be called a senior suite as the living space inside is really that of a studio but it has a huge out door area, so depending on your needs you may like it or not like it. We had rented a car and got back late and by the time we did get into the room it was too late to be moved that day.
It was however a great night to have a big patio as it was the annual volcano celebration and fireworks. We also ordered room service and had a great dinner.

The next morning I spoke with George and he was able to move us to one of the other senior suites which is like what you see in the photos and when we finally got back to it that night we were much happier with the room. suite 106. George was great with understanding and he quickly resolved, If you do need an extra night book the Pool Suite for the end.

Food and Drink
The bar tender is amazing. The Chili Coconut Mojito is amazing. Every one that ordered a drink loved them.
Breakfast- anyone that complains didn't fill out the form the night before properly. It has standard options and then a spot for special request. If you want something done a little different then they will do it.. Breads always fresh and every thing was great. If they could change it I would suggest that they list the eggs differently. I would just write in eggs over easy and bacon and swiss cheese and would get it how I wanted it.

People mention stairs. I think that this is the one thing that if your out of shape and or have issues with stairs or slopes you need to be aware of. Depending on your room you may be walking up and down many flights of stairs. This is before you have to make a decision on where you want to go to and walk up more. I have no problem with it but others may. The area in Imerovigli is not flat. I would say that almost every one of the cities from Oai to Fira all have these issues. The walk on the path during the day to Fira is about 30 minutes. But there are other ways. Ask about the bus that runs often if you don't have a rental. Also if your in Fira you can always go the the Taxi stand and get a ride back. Its not fun going back up the hill to Imerovigli after being out in town.

I really didn't get into all the amazing things of the Island but I wish we had finished the trip there instead of starting it there. We will definitely be back again. The staff at the resort are great. They moved our bags a few times and brought us great food and they are always there helpful and friendly. Prices are not cheap but if you look at the reviews of other places you will see you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Pool Suites are amazing room 304 Senior suite 106 is great also near pool and great space
1 Thank JCRealtor
Cremona, Italy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Since the moment we step in the hotel, everything was perfect. The staff was very friendly and careful to every little details. The breakfast served every morning in the privacy of your balcony is an additional benefit. Quality of food and scenery are amazing and astonishing. The hotel location is absolutely fantastic, one of the best of the entire island. Also the sunset at Astra is much more enjoyable than in the overcrowded Oia. It was an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank U&MC_Italy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#15 of 50 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 80 in Fira
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#21 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!