I have been very lucky through out my life to have travelled both for work ( I work in travel) and also for pleasure and as such have stayed in some amazing places around the world. Never though have I experienced what I would consider to be perfection until now. From the moment we met both Georges and we were shown to our room to the sad day we had to leave we have been waited on and had our every wish anticipated before we even thought about wanting it! The chefs cooked fabulous food which was delivered to our room by the lovely Christina or by the always on hand Costas in the restaurant.
Every night the view into the caldera amazed from our balcony and even a little rain didn't dampen our trip!
The rooms are very generous in size with lots of free space to spread out your stuff! The path to Fira and Oia walks right around the hotel and makes for very easy access to Fira ( wear ur runners though!) and walk both ways because you will see things on the return you missed on the way down. Be prepared for some achy legs cause you will walk a lot of ups and downs and steps!! The bus for the island stops close by and a local tour guide I met brings his clients to the church at the base of the hotel for sunset pics as he believes its the best view of it on the island..
One check out I was asked to name one thing I would change or add and honestly couldn't think of anything. From now onwards its going to be tough for any hotel to beat the standard the Astra has set!! So our thanks to George and the crew at Astra for their genuine hospitality, their friendship and for helping make our trip to santorini so unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece