We stayed at Altana in June 2014 with our three kids and it was the highlight of our entire trip to Greece. The rooms are fine, not great, and the bathrooms could use an upgrade, but the service provided by Cristos and Marios is like nothing we've ever experienced. They sat down and spent an hour planning every aspect of our three days in Santorini and it was well worth it. They sent us to restaurants and beaches that we never would have found on our own. I cannot rave enough about these guys. They even recommended a great neighborhood to walk around in in Athens after we left. The pool at the hotel is great and the views are amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming boutique hotel brings centuries-old style, history and hospitality luxuriously to life at the highest point of Santorini’s breathtaking volcanic Caldera, in Imerovigli. The restoration project of a Traditional Mansion owned by a family of generations of Captains that began in 1979 established Altana Hotel in 1983 as the first high standard guest house in the area of Imerovigli and certainly among the first on the Santorinian Caldera. This historical building complex dating back over a century, between 1779 and 1883 has been preserved, restored and renovated to meet the highest standards of modern luxury. The 6 apartments and 8 suites at Altana, each unique, blend traditional local architecture and aesthetics with modern amenities that tastefully cater for any true traveler's comfort. A unique sensitivity to detail and restored original objects revive the simple elegance of tradition and pay homage to the history of the mansion. A deeply personal service philosophy offers a unique hospitality experience in a setting surrounded by an endless horizon of blue in a bird’s eye view of the Santorinian Caldera, the Volcano, and the whole of the Southern Aegean Sea, including the neighboring islands. Enjoy a dip under the sun in the highest swimming pool on the island and feel free against the sea breeze. Lose your breath to the vibrant sunrises and mystical sunsets from your private veranda. Relax in your suite’s private Jacuzzi pool or rejuvenate your mind and body with a plethora of massage, yoga, chi-kung and beauty treatments. Enjoy homemade breakfast till noon or experiment with local homemade delicacies, sweets and wine-tasting at ‘Kafeneion’, our preserved cave-house bistro. Sample a world of gastronomy with our cooking lessons, gourmet degustation & private candle-lit dinner experiences, which incorporate our own organically grown produce straight from the volcanic soil of the Altana farm. Savor the atmosphere of relaxation and discovery that will inspire some of the most romantic and exciting moments of your life. Dive into the magic of something old and discover something new...welcome to Altana, let us immerse you into the magic of Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Altana Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altana Traditional Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Altana Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Altana Traditional
- Altana Traditional Houses Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece