All reviewssailing centerpool areathe cliffsantorini sailingamazing poolspent a week herethe entire islandamazing hoteloctopushotel ownercomplimentary bottle of winespectacular viewslounge chairsyour luggagewe loved our staysuperior roomboat trip
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Have you ever wanted to feel how standing on the cliff feels like ? Me too!
And even better , Are you looking for a 'value for money' hotel in santorini that gives you that feeling ? Me? not anymore!
Once I saw honeymoon Petra villas I thought that it is worth visiting.. and you know what ? Yes ,its worth it !
This hotel has excellent staff, food, view, oh...that view!! and I'm talking about real breathtaking view! The whole caldera from oia to akrotiri is right in front of you! This hotel is literally ON THE CLIFF!!!
I had never had breakfast on the cliff and I'm talking about real rich breakfast, which is almost like a lunch!
The Staff is kind , friendly ,totally willing to help and have a good knowledge of their work!
The Rooms are super clean and good smelling ! once you get in the room you will see what I mean!
Everything was just how it was supposed to be.
Haven't you booked it already???

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Perfect hotel for a honeymoon or anniversary or just to really appreciate the beauty of the island

Views:
Amazing sunset views with Skaros rock right in front of you. We explored around Imerovigli for a better sunset view the first day, we wasted our time because our hotel has the best one in Imerovigli

Breakfast
Breakfast buffet is included daily and you can also order eggs and other items any way
you want it.

Restaurant:
Also the hotel restaurant food for lunch was one of the most delicious meals we had during our 5 days in Santorini. Please get the shrimp with squid ink pasta, it was my favorite meal and I wanted to eat it the following day again.

Drinks
The drinks were very delicious and refreshing, I think my my wife's favorite was the Volcano, I also really like the Ramble.

Room:
built into the cliffside, kept the room very cool and perfect haven from the outside humidity. The AC was strong and perfect. Room was clean and beautiful. We stayed in the Petra Studio which is where you want to be as the Petra section is the new section close to the pool and restaurant.

Pool:
Amazing infinity pool. I believe this is the only or there may be one other dive pool on the whole island.

Staff:
Amazing staff , very friendly and helpful. They were readily available and looking for ways to help make your stay perfect.

Privacy:
Very happy to report that this hotel does not allow non-hotel guests to use their pool/bar/restaurant. This really helps keep the place peaceful and serene for the guests.

Shuttle:
Free transfer from and to the ship port/airport . Thank goodness!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Of course this is the only hotel we stayed at in Santorini but I would be surprised if there are any better and in particular, any that make you feel so at home. There is an underlying culture that feels of family and that's what makes it so special.

From the moment we left the airport the levels of care and attention are there, with an efficient pick up and a comfortable mini bus.

It's a very short walk to the hotel from the drop off and there are staff on hand to take your bags as being Santorini there's plenty of steps to negotiate.

When you arrive the friendly staff get you checked in quickly and then you are given a tour of the hotel facilities which like the rooms are cut into the side of the cliff face. It's also the first chance to meet Spooky, the lovely hotel dog that will turn up throughout your stay.

The pool and pool area is stunning and is apparently the largest on the Island. It certainly gives wonderful views over the sea towards the Southern parts of the island. It's deep but not cold. It has a jacuzzi area too.

The pool bar turns out lovely cocktails and the staff are very charming and treated us all incredibly well. Nothing was a problem and they were very good with our teenage (19 and 15) children.

It's also at the pool bar that you'll meet the owner, Yiannis, and here is my most important tip, spend time with Yiannis, he is one of the most interesting people we have met and he helped make our holiday so memorable. He is born and bred on Santorini and his stories and experiences are hilarious and sad and entertaining. He is also an incredibly generous host and really looks after you but is also gracious and you can return his hospitality.

He also owns farms that provide most of the delicious tomatoes, red onions and fava that make the lunches at the hotel so delicious. There is no need to go out for lunch and we only ate out during the daytime when we were out exploring.

Breakfast is also good, lots of local produce once again. Worth getting up for.

The hotel has a great location as it faces South and is protected from the North Wind that can blow quite hard, even in the Summer.

The wind also makes a boat trip a must. We decided to 'push the boat out' and charter a boat for the day. The one we selected was Yiannis' own boat and he treated us royally all day. It was an amazing day which included swimming, cliff jumping, octopus fishing and loads of food and drinks. Worth the money.

That brings me onto the cost, if you want budget this not the hotel for you. However, it is not expensive for what you get. The rooms are small but appointed to 5 star standard. I'll explain why we know that and it involves my only mild criticism of the hotel.

When we booked the hotel it was only my wife and daughter that were going so we booked the 'apartment' room which is suitable for 4 adults. My son then decided to he wanted to come so I asked the hotel if the apartment would hold 4 and was told yes. Now once we saw the room we knew straight away 2 days (let alone 10) with the 4 of us in the room would have ended in the holiday being ruined. I do wish the hotel had been more realistic but it turned out to be a good thing as I decided he needed his own room and although it took 3 room changes he get to stay in a variety of rooms which was actually quite a lot of fun.

It also meant that my wife and I got to spend the last 3 days in the honeymoon nest. This a room you have to stay in. It's gorgeous with an enormous Turkish bath that looks down into the Ocean and it's own private plunge pool. It's very private too. None of this came cheap but was worth every Euro.

So all in all the team at Honeymoon Petra Villas are simply fantastic and made it feel like a second honeymoon for my wife and I.

When we return to Santorini there's only one place we will stay.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank tbuae999
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This place is amazing. The view, location, room, and food are all excellent but the best part was the staff. They were all fantastic, especially Penelopi and Konstantina, who are terrific and very friendly. The front desk staff were great too; they arranged our transportation to and from the airport, printed our boarding passes for us, and even let us buy some things from our room that we really liked. The cave rooms, in addition to the coolness factor, are also very practical. Since no light or noise gets in unless you want it, you will never sleep better in your life. We actually had to start opening the window on the door to let light in in the morning, otherwise we would have slept the day away. The pool and pool area are great. I loved sitting at the restaurant area by the pool and watching the sun set into the ocean every night while enjoying a glass of wine (pool bar is open 24 hours). You really don't need to ever even leave the property if you stay here. I half-joked with my wife that we will need to come back for our six month anniversary, as I don't think I can wait a year!

Room Tip: We really liked the traditional cave room. You will get a great night's sleep. All rooms though have balconies with views of the caldera.
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Our 8th stay in this great hotel. To be in this hotel means: an amazing view down to the Caldera, privacy and an excellent service. The rooms and suites are unique. It' s very interesting to sleep with a rock in your room. We love this hotel and the stuff and never would choose another hotel om Santorini. Greetings to Honeymoon Petra Villas