All reviewssailing centerpool areathe cliffsantorini sailingamazing poolspent a week herethe entire islandamazing hoteloctopushotel ownercomplimentary bottle of winespectacular viewslounge chairsyour luggagewe loved our staysuperior roomboat trip
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

The good: located in what we felt was THE best location with views of the entire island. An absolute stunning location. The bar and waiter staff were fantastic and the room, we chose the suite with jacuzzi, was wonderful. The big downside for us was the breakfast. For the COST of the hotel I do not expect a hot buffet that is cold and with such a limited selection.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank G7786
Reviewed June 2, 2017

I don't even know where to begin! Honeymoon Petra is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. I travel a lot and I have stayed at some of the top hotels in the world and I would stay at Honeymoon Petra over any of them, hands down. Here's why- and I am sure it will be long so get ready :)

We decided to spend a few days in Santorini celebrating my grandmother's 85th birthday. Greece has always been on her bucket list so we wanted this trip to be extra special. When we arrived at the hotel, we were blown away by the views. Our little cottage (#3 Traditional Apt) was painted a pale pink with blue shutters which made it stand out amongst all the other white buildings. People would literally stop outside of our front porch to pose for photos. We had a wonderful view of the Caldera and there was a huge private patio across the walk where we spent most of our time on lounge chairs under and umbrella. The walk outside our door was the main walk way that everyone takes to hike from Fira to Oia. It was quite busy in the afternoon but my grandmother loved sitting on our little patio drinking coffee and people watching. The hotel is located at the highest point of Santorini and about a 20 min walk from Fira so it was much quieter than the hotels in busy Fira. There is a wonderful coffee shop close by that has home made pastries and will even deliver!! There are also several nice restaurants very close to our hotel. In my opinion the location of the hotel was the best on the entire island. Close enough to walk into town but far enough from town that it is so peaceful. It is situated so that you can see all the way to Fira and beyond so you get a true picture of Santorini. This made for breathtaking photos during the day, at sunset and at night with all the lights!
Our little cottage was a bedroom with a queen bed, a loft with a king bed, and two sofa beds in the living room. There were three of us so this worked perfectly. We didn't realize that the loft would have just a ladder so neither my mom or grandmother could crawl to the loft- which worked out well for me, I got a king bed all to myself! :) We had a little kitchen with a sink and fridge and a huge dining table. It was very comfortable for the three of us! The bathroom was tiny. Tiny tiny. As in I think the door was maybe 5 and a half feet tall. We are all short so it wasn't a big deal but my 6 foot husband would have been a little uncomfortable. The shower was also tiny tiny, tiny, thank goodness I shaved before we got there! However, that is just what you get when you stay in a cave house so no complaints here!!!
When we arrived at the hotel, Nikilos was waiting to take our bags. Thank goodness for him, we would have never made it up and down all those stairs with our luggage! Ha. He was a sweetheart. Later after dinner my grandmother was struggling to get up the stairs and he ran over and helped her patiently all the way up the stairs and back to the room. Vicki gave us a wonderful tour of the hotel and left us with fruit and a bottle of wine. The hotel provides everything! There was a beach bag and beach towels, robes, slippers, tons of toiletries, two large things of water, and a Nespresso machine! We at at the restaurant that night and watched the sunset by the pool. It was breathtaking. We sat on the very tip of the cliff so we could see all the way around the island. We had booked a restaurant to watch the sunset in Oia after hearing about its views- however, we canceled it after seeing our hotel view was even better!! The food was yummy- simple and light. Red Headed Vicki was our bartender and gave us a free welcome drink (SO good!). We were the only ones there except for the owner who was so enjoyable to talk with. He told us about the hotel and when he developed it and about his three sons (one runs the hotel, one runs a restaurant close to our hotel and one runs a sailing business).
The pool.....Ahhhhh. It sits out at the point of the island so you can see it from pretty much everywhere. They say it is the biggest on the Caldera. I watched hikers stop and oooh and ahhh over it. It is pretty impressive. The pictures don't even do it justice. The landscaping and architecture are top notch, the sun lounges are so comfortable and the way they included the bar with the pool is cool. Oh- and the pool bar is OPEN 24 HOURS. That made me laugh because I don't know who is down but the pool drinking at 5am but it was nice to know I could if I wanted to! There was always a staff around to open an umbrella, bring water... they always knew what we needed before we did! My grandmother got cold after dinner and Vicki offered her a blanket. They thought of everything!!
Breakfast was kinda small but they did have a variety of items and yummy fresh fruit. The view from the dining room was beautiful and they have so many cute little eating nooks so you can always eat with a view. Unfortunately, the dining room was reeeeeallly far from our room and had a lot of steps so we just took breakfast back to my grandmother every morning. The staff was so accommodating for this though!
Speaking of steps....there are a lot of them. But it IS Santorini after all. I just wish they would put up more hand rails. It would have made a world of difference. The stairs are just steep and uneven, I almost fell a couple of times and I am in good shape. I don't know how they don't have more accidents!
My mom and I got a massage from the cutest little girl. Little as in tiny but SO strong!! She was so sweet and bubbly and did a great job. The massage area is just below the pool in this small cave. It was beautiful and such a unique experience.
There is nothing this hotel does not provide- room service, laundry service, transportation...They have thought of everything down to the monogramed bath towels!
I seriously could go on and on but this is the longest review I have ever written (and only my second review- I literally joined trip advisor to write this review- they were THAT good).
I never go the same place twice but I am going to make an exception- I cannot wait to bring my husband back to show him this magical place!!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank BrittneyCate
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

Wow! This hotel is simply wonderful, gorgeous views, amazing swimming pool and the staff cannot do enough for you. We were lucky enough to be upgraded by the hotel (I think they took pity as the airline lost my luggage) the room was truly stunning. It was clean, luxurious and the view we had was amazing. The breakfast is yummy and the staff from reception to the bar staff go above and beyond in anyway they can for you. I would 100% recommend this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2017

This hotel is built at the best spot of the island!! We enjoyed every second of our stay.
The view is amazing ! We had a great private balcony to enjoy the magnificent sunset.
All the staff was great and really friendly.
We feel so lucky to have stayed at honeymoon petra and we will return as soon as possible.!!
PS. We will never forget the true naval stories from the lovely owner of the hotel, Captain John.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2017

I stayed in mid-April over the long Easter weekend, which was a great time to go. The room, the service, and especially the views were fantastic. The location was great (far enough from Fira to keep away most cruise shippers yet an easy 20 minute walk).

Parking was easy - once you get to their lot. The lot is behind the Santorini Sailing Center, which is in Google maps.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo