Honeymoon Petra Villas
Astra Suites(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
$964
$905
  • Breakfast included
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
$502
Chromata Hotel(Imerovigli)
$813
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
Pegasus Suites & Spa(Imerovigli)
$1,119
$1,049
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool areasailing centerthe cliffsantorini sailingamazing poolwelcome drinkamazing hotelthe entire islandoctopusbreathtaking viewscomplimentary bottle of winelounge chairsyour luggagesuperior roomla maisonexploring the islandboat trip
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed at Honeymoon Villas the end of August, as mentioned on here already the view is amazing, photos don't do it justice. We had Room 7 a traditional Villa. Our room was furnished nicely with a 4 poster and a small kitchen area with fridge. We had our own private balcony (slightly smelly due to a drain cover) and access to a large comunal balcony, which was normal deserted and a great spot for an afternoon beer.

The bathroom is small, but space really is at a premium. However the shower is the smallest I've ever used, the shower doors were broken and hanging procariously on thier fittings. I mentioned this on 3 occasions to the reception but nothing was done to rectify them. I think they are gearing up for a refurb over winter so weren't really interested in fixing anything now. There were also electrical cables sticking out of the wall above the shower, not really upto 4 star standards.

The pool is great and the largest in the town, there were always sunbeds free.

Lunch around the pool is very reasonable, unlike some of the local tavernas. An evening meal with a bottle of vino will cost from 70 - 100 euros. The best being Vanilla a short stroll away in Firastefani. Not cheap but at least you get the service and ambiance you'd expect for your money.

As we stayed over 4 nights this qualified us for a days sailing. This trip was organised at short notice, and then promptly cancelled on the morning due to high wind. We'd been looking forward to this trip, and were told it would be re-organised in a day or so, this didn't happen despite several reminders. A shame as I would have booked a trip with one of the other companies who didn't seem to have a problem with the 'high' wind. When I checked out I asked to be compensated for the missing trip, the receptionist became somewhat surley and seemed to all of a sudden struggle to understand me. Strange.

Petra Honeymoon Petra Villas is a great location with an amazing view, with a little more effort from some of the staff it would be truely outstanding and more in line with it's 4 star status.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ShuntManchester
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We stayed at Honeymoon Villas for 3 nights while being in Santorini. My boyfriend and I are now just crazy about this place and we are giving the information to anyone preparing going in Santorini. The room we had was basic but complete and very nice, with kind of small living room with kitchen furniture, comfortable bed and small trendy bathroom (although the shower was not easy to use and puts water everywhere!). When we arrived, a guy came to meet us to bring our luggages (which was usefull because of all the steps!) and after checking-in, the office-lady took the time to show us the villas, pool and everything and gave us a bottle of local white wine. The view from our room and the pool area is just FANTASTIC, you have the best sunset ever and even if we went to Oia, where it is supposed to be the best sunset of the island, we prefered seeing it from our hotel-bar area with relaxing music and drink at a better price. Breakfast was very good and varied if we compare to many other hotels we visited during our stay.

I'm telling you, if you go to Santorini (which is totally a must if you go to Greece!), you have to stay at this place!

Another great thing is that close to the Honeymoon, you have two nice restaurants (you can walk by them using the Cliff avenue); there are very good and proposed some different type of food.

About Santorini, it is a very nice Island. The first day, we did the tour to go visit the volcano, which is interesting, then we visited the other small islands around and came back to go to Oia. We tried the dunkey to climb to Oia, which was quite an experience!!! At first, we were a little scared but at the end, it was cool, not too expensive (5euros/each) and better then taking the steps (about 600 I think!!).
Oia is very nice and you have many cute little boutiques to buy souvenirs.

The second day, we rented a quad and visited the Island and went to the red beach and the black one. You have to go see those as it is very impressive to see the color of the "sand" (in fact it is more rocks).

To conclude, I hope I convinced you to go to Santorini because it is very nice and again, you have to go to Honeymoon Villas, at least for the pool and the view!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JueQuebec
Reviewed March 26, 2008

My wife and I booked a 2 week honeymoon in the Greek Islands including Mykonos, Santorini, Crete & Rhodos. Although all of the hotels we stayed at were amazing, I must say that Honeymoon Petra Villa's was the most amazing hotel we have ever been to (and we travel alot). Why? Let's start with the fact that the hotel is built into the side of the mountain. One night I spoke with owner and he informed me that it takes about 2 years to build one room. This is because they can't use any machines, instead about 10-20 men with pic axes dig through solid rock to carve out each room. The swimming pool is the wall paper on my notebook and when anyone walks by they say" wow, that is an amazing picture" and they can't beleive that we actually stayed there. Just picture swimming or diving into a 15-16ft deep swimming pool that is on the edge of a cliff which overlooks cruise ships and maga yachts below. We spent every afternoon in/by the pool with bar drinks in hand and we watched the most beautiful sunsets every night. The rooms are fine (considering they are carved out of stone). They have balconies which have amazing views of the volcano and the cruise ships below. We spent a couple nights eating dinner on the balcony under candlelight, that we had purchased from a local supermarket. Every morning they had buffetr breakfast as well which included freshly squeezed juices, eggs, cereal, etc.
Would I stay here again? DEFFINATELY and I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wesellvacations
Reviewed March 3, 2008

We booked this hotel through our travel agent as an upgrade for our honeymoon package. This was the last stop of our trip that I was really looking forward to, but was majorly let down once I arrived. Yes the view is FANTASTIC!!! It is so amazingly beautiful, but we had a major mold problem in our room. We could smell it immediately when we opened the door to our room and immediately asked to change rooms. They did change us, but it was to the room right next door, which also had a terrible mold smell. There were no other options, so we were stuck with it. Once we begain looking around the room, we found mold climbing up the wall (and it wasnt' just a small patch) in the closest, and mold on the grouting of the tiles in the shower. When we brought this to the attention of the manager, his solution was to scrape it off and paint over it........so then our room smelled like wet paint. Paint does not solve the problem. I was not impressed as mold is dangerous to your health!

The pool is beautiful but the bar staff are unfriendly. We asked for wine glasses and they gave them to us on the first night. The cleaning service took them away the next day. When I asked for some more glasses the next night, the staff was rude to me, givng me attitude saying "I already gave you some yesterday."

I was not impressed that I upgraded to this room despite the beautiful view. We did not want to spend anytime in our room as the smell was too much to handle!!!!!

I will be adding photos of the mold shorty. I need to download them off my other camera first. Stay tuned!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KristenBOntario
Honeymoon P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Honeymoon Petra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Dear KristenBOntario,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
We are sad to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations and please note that your experience is not representative of the levels of service we provide our guests.
We would like to assure you that since the time of your visit, all of our rooms have been renovated in order to offer comfort and luxury apart the amazing Caldera and Sea views.Thank you once again and we hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future to turn around your experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2007

You are paying for the view... but what a view! This hotel looks exactly like the pictures on the hotel website. The staff were friendly - especially at the front desk. Room was clean but showers were a bit small. Breakfast was ok. We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our vacation to Greece. It was a great way to end our trip. Extras included a complimentary bottle of wine, fruit tray, and because our stay was 4 nights we were also treated to a ride on their sailboat. The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to Fira. Still within walking distance (in my opinion) but a bit more of a hike. However, there is really no need to leave this area. The infiniti pool is awesome, and there are several restaurants a short walk away. The only drawback is that you will be doing a lot of stairclimbing.... but that is normal in Santorini.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple