If you are wondering whether or not to book this hotel, look no further. I can't say enough good things about this place to people. Firstly, I should write a little about us, because we are VERY picky people. My boyfriend had a long list of requirements that needed to be satisfied before we could commit to any hotels and this place ticked all the boxes and then some.
If you are considering staying in Fira because you think that's where all the action is - don't. Santorini is a small and quaint island - and honestly - Fira isn't that nice. It's great to go out for dinner and dancing (if you're into that) but you really only need to walk 20 minutes from Honeymood Petra and cabs are abundant. Renting an ATV proved to be most convenient get around vehicle, and was also super fun. The hotel is perfectly situated in between Fira and Oia so you really get the best of both worlds without the heavy tourist traffic all hours of the day. I had a hard time convincing my boyfriend to stay outside of Fira prior to booking but when we arrived and got our bearings he admitted he had been incorrect about insisting we book 'closer' (all relative) to town.
Honeymoon Petra is cared for with the love and attention only a family run business could uphold. We extended our stay one night and got to stay in two different rooms, each with unique decor, and in both rooms, everything was perfect. The pool is AMAZING. The included breakfast is AMAZING - particularly the homemade jam (to die for). The view of the sunset cannot be beat on the island. We would talk about how you never stop what you are doing back home to go see the sunset, but in Santorini - and particularly Honeymoon Petra - YOU DO!
The local dinner restaurant in Immervgoli called 'Immervgoli' is very very good (recommended by hotel). We tried to find something else in Santorini comparable but could not. Very traditional, very good food. Order the Moussaka
The most amazing thing about this hotel is hands down the staff. They make you feel as though you are part of their family and if you are lucky enough to sit down and have a drink with any one of them, you will enjoy and cherish the memory of this place that much more.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Santorini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the magical island of Santorini, in the charming village of Imerovigli, Honeymoon Petra luxury hotel stands perched above the deep blue Aegean Sea.Family owned and run, this unique 5 star Santorini hotel has a lot more to offer than just accommodation. Its extraordinary views, rich Greek flavor and unique hospitality, distinguish it as a remarkably unique and tranquil heaven.The Pool, the biggest one on the Caldera, is hewn out of the volcanic rock and the facilities around it include a steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi, a Pool Bar and Day restaurant, a BBQ area, a breakfast area with panoramic views and large, comfortable lounge chairs and daybeds for the ultimate relaxation experience. From the pool area guests can experience some of the most awe-inspiring sunsets in the world.One of the most extraordinary luxury hotels in Santorini, Honeymoon Petra offers stylish and comfortable accommodation, taking full advantage of its breathtaking location and views of the caldera, volcano and the satellite islands of Santorini. The complex is developed in 2 wings; the Traditional Wing, a group of 9 luxury Rooms & Suites built into the rock, in the traditional style of the island, and the Petra Wing, a group of 17 luxury Rooms & Suites built from the rocks of the volcanic mountains.Honeymoon Petra Villas, a luxury hotel tucked quaintly into the rock, is 10km away from the international airport, 2km from the capital of the island Fira and closely located to the ancient fortress of Skaros.Distinguishing from other Santorini luxury hotels, Honeymoon Petra will make your stay an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Honeymoon Petra Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Hotel
- Honeymoon Petra Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece