we were transferred to this hotel for the last day / night of our 'second honeymoon', we were absolutely amazed by the view of the caldera and the way that the hotel seems to hang off the cliff, with the bedroom and bathroom (with plunge pool) being built into the hillside. the service was superb, with complimentary champagne on arrival, local wine and fresh fruits. breakfast was brought to our balcony and the quality of the food was excellent. the room (no. 23) was just a few steps away from the swimming pool / sunbathing area. yes, there are a lot of steps to get up to the reception area / path to Thira, but well worth the effort. staff were very attentive at all times - nothing was too much trouble - and every request was delivered as promised. this is the best european hotel we have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece