“Excellent hotel, breathtaking view!”
Review of Chromata Hotel

Chromata Hotel
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at Chromata with my husband for our honeymoon. The hotel although quite overpriced, was very nice. Our room was a cave, had a shower and bathtub in it. It also had a Jacuzzi outside ( a special upgrade for being honeymooners).

The view was absolutely breathtaking! The volcano and sea were exactly outside across our hotel. Basically at Caltera this is what you pay for.

Although the room was very nice, it was missing a few minor things like a hair dryer (although I was brought one when I requested it), hooks for the towels and robes and better lighting in the bathroom(although this might all be purposely done to keep the room minimal).

For breakfast, you could order from the special menu and it was brought to your room which was nice but for the standard of the room I believe it could have been better. It was not very tasty and when I ordered eggs for example I did receive bread to eat them with.

Although these were small issues I believe they would have helped me give the hotel a 10 rather than a 9. Other than this, everything else was excellent!

2  Thank Naso30
There are newer reviews for Chromata Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

An amazing place to stay. Everything was perfect especially after we realised the pool ( which size wise was our only disappointment on arrival) turned out to be a pretty good size and one of the biggest in the area. It's decor was a bit clinical for my normal liking but given its surroundings was well suited. We especially loved waking up to breakfast on our balcony every morning with those magnificent caldera views.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in mid-July (our first visit to Santorini), and this hotel deserves all of the good reviews that it regularly receives. An excellent location, away from the busy-ness of Fira and Ojai, but within easy walking distance of Fira and many excellent restaurants in the immediate area (as well as more than one 'general store'). Also 20 minutes to good beaches (especially our favourite, Kamari). We like hotels of this size (22 rooms), and the resulting excellent service FROM ALL MEMBERS OF STAFF, and from Christina in particular. The rooms are 'minimalist' but very comfortable, and the setting is hard to beat. Excellent breakfast served on one's own terrace is wonderful way to start the day.

While there are other very good high-end hotels on the island, certainly Chromata is just about as good as it can get....and we would definitely choose to go back---because we now know how good it is, and HOW WELL WE WILL BE LOOKED AFTER. I don't think we've ever felt as relaxed as we did on this visit. We can't wait for that return....

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The sign of a great holiday is just how long it stays with you once it is over. For us 10 weeks later, its still one of the best holiday's, in one of the best locations, in one of the best hotels, in the world.
We had intended to write a review immediately we got back because it was such a wonderful place, but life just got in the way, however, I still wanted to acknowledge the fantastic staff and facilities at this superb hotel.

So again thank you all, Roula, Christina, Maria, George, and George K, Vaggellis, Panos and of course the most wonderful Smaragda or 'Emerald' to us. They were all just amazing. The hotel was spotless and our room just fantastic with views overlooking the volcano - stunning.
Would we go back again - YES as it was everything we wanted in a week away - relaxing, luxury wonderful facilities and great staff. Hope to see you all again soon. Liz & Richard xx

Room Tip: All rooms are very individual and equally good with their own special treats. The lower rooms are ne...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was looking for a very special hotel for a 1 week holiday and the Chromata did not disappoint. The location is breath taking and in my option better than Oia. It is a 20 minute walk into Thira or a 20 minutes drive to Oia. The staff at the hotel are first class and could not be more helpful. The trip was extra special as I asked my girlfriend to marry me. The hotel staff helped me make it a very special moment and she said yes! We will definitely return to the Chromata which I think is the best place to stay on Santorini.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a wonderful stay for our anniversary with Chromata and they very kindly upgraded us to a beautiful honeymoon suite. The views are simply stunning, especially the sunsets and it is an easy walk to explore neighbouring villages. The Staff were exceptional especially breakfast served on your private terrace each morning!

2  Thank Storeys12
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I and another couple spent 4 nights at Chromata in the last 2 weeks. My expectations were high and Chromata far exceeded them. First the views are spectacular. The rooms are spotless and remained that way the entire 5 days. Additionally, I've never had such an attentive staff at my beckon call. They were friendly and anxious to help. Any request was met within minutes. Breakfast each morning on our own private deck overlooking the Caldera didn't hurt our experience either. Christine, the manager, was exceptional. I can't say enough about the experience at Chromata. It's a short walk to Fira and there are plenty of local restaurants and shops in Imerovigili if you choose. Trust this review. I've stayed in places that are good and some that are great. Chromata is above all of that. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 51 in Imerovigli
Andronis Luxury Suites
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Chromata Hotel? Share your experiences!