We recently stayed at Chromata with my husband for our honeymoon. The hotel although quite overpriced, was very nice. Our room was a cave, had a shower and bathtub in it. It also had a Jacuzzi outside ( a special upgrade for being honeymooners).
The view was absolutely breathtaking! The volcano and sea were exactly outside across our hotel. Basically at Caltera this is what you pay for.
Although the room was very nice, it was missing a few minor things like a hair dryer (although I was brought one when I requested it), hooks for the towels and robes and better lighting in the bathroom(although this might all be purposely done to keep the room minimal).
For breakfast, you could order from the special menu and it was brought to your room which was nice but for the standard of the room I believe it could have been better. It was not very tasty and when I ordered eggs for example I did receive bread to eat them with.
Although these were small issues I believe they would have helped me give the hotel a 10 rather than a 9. Other than this, everything else was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece