Both my wife and I have just returned from an amazing week at the Chromata Hotel, and what a week we had, The Chromata Hotel is a 5* Hotel amongst 5* Hotels, I will start by mentioning the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel – you could perform open heart surgery in the rooms after they had been cleaned ! The staff are constantly cleaning, painting, improving everything and they literally don’t stop all day!
When you arrive Christina (the Hotel Manager) greets you with a warm and sincere welcoming and a tour of both the Hotel and the history of the area, she and her team are absolutely fantastic, every single member has a “can do” attitude, and those guys literally cannot do enough to try and make your stay as good as it possibly can be (a couple of members that really stood out were Rasvan and an Esmeralda).
The Hotel’s view is something that words cannot really describe until you see it – it is breath taking the caldera is truly something you must see for a few days to truly appreciate it, you can spend literally hours watching the cruise ships sail in and then a plethora of little boats ferry the passengers to the shore.
In my opinion this was one of the nicest hotels we have had the pleasure of frequenting and would have no hesitation what so ever in recommending this hotel to anyone.
I will say a couple of comments – this is a high end hotel , and you will pay high end prices in ALL the three villages Thira, Oia, and Imerovigili are expensive, the average meal for two people is around a £100 pounds which if you can afford it is OK but if you are staying for a while the cost can mount up, Also post 10.30pm there is not a lot to do which can be somewhat tedious if you are again staying for a while.
We would rate this hotel a solid 9.75 out of 10 we loved it and the Chromata is a fantastic Hotel that we will never forget. Thank you Chromata you were awesome !!! ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece