“Worth a try!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had both dinner and lunch here while visiting Santorini. The food here is very good, fairly priced and served by a friendly staff. Not to be missed if you want an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went to Anogi on a few occasions during our holiday. The reason we went back - fantastic food, with such a relaxing atmosphere and wonderful hosts. The food was very reasonably priced and the wine and beer was great too. The portions were very generous. I tried different options from the menu, but the steak was wonderful and could have feed 2! Would recommend Anogi to anyone. We went at the end of the season and it was busy with both locals and visitors, might be advisable to book or if you don't don't mind a short wait to get a table. Fantastic restaurant

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The food largely lived up to what we'd been led to expect, though our well done steak arrived a little rarer than we'd hoped. The Meze starter and lamb shanks were excellent however. The staff were very pleasant, though the premises themselves were a little rougher than we'd expected, wobbly tables and so on.
Overall very good, though if I were faced with a wait for a table, I'd probably be tempted just walk next door to Estia.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We returned here following some really good meals last year, it was still very popular and most nights you need to book or queue, we booked and now that the evenings were a little cooler it is best to be inside. The food was still good but not quite as exceptional as we remembered from last time , the portions are generous , next time we order less , I drank the house organic red wine which was very good and reasonably priced, minor issues were that my wife had the cod ( which was big) and found it overcooked, I had a really good steak cooked as I like it but the sauce that covered it was too sweet for my taste it would have been good to have it served separately, pleasant friendly staff, slightly higher priced than other local places

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Oh my.. What a gem is restaurant is! Tucked away in the main square of Imerovigli, this restaurant immediately stood out from the others with its ambient, warm lighting and the queue of people sitting outside waiting for a table. We went there on three different nights and I enjoyed every mouthful of food and wine. The service is really friendly and efficient and you get desserts and grappa on the house.

Regarding the excellent food, portions are very generous. Highlights are delicious tarasomalata, tzaztkiki, tender, crisp fried calamari (so easy to get wrong in many restaurants but this was spot on!). We tried pork souvlaki with pitta, steak ( great flavour but quite a feat to get through!) but the highlight of my trip to santorini was their octopus, simply divine. It is grilled and caramelised and they manage to make a large tentacle so tender but chewy and delicious like the best pork crackling... Amazing! I tried a 0.5l carafe of local santorini organic red wine which was good value at €5. The bill came to approximately €40 for two including very generous starters, main courses, wine/beer and free grappa and pudding which was money very well spent! Highly recommended! Book if you can as it gets very busy!