The hotel is situated in Imerovigli, at the highest point on the island. Although the hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle of Fira, it is still within a walkable distance. It takes around 15mins to walk to Firostefani and another 15-20 to Fira. I really enjoyed the walk to Fira because you can really relish in the view of the cliffs and domed churches. Very picturesque. We were told that from Firostefani back to Imerovigli was 7euro and from Fira is 5 but we were always charged 7 or 10. If you plan to go to Oia, I would strongly suggest you to take the bus or taxi because walking would take well over 90mins. If you walk to Oia, for some parts you would have to walk on roads.
We stayed in Room 31, at the end of the hotel. We had a balcony to ourselves, as I believe most rooms do. It was really peaceful to sit on balcony, spacing out with a gorgeous view in front of you. I thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of the balcony because when we stayed at another hotel in Oia where we had to share a balcony space. Breakfast was served at our rooms. They have a menu and you can tell the reception what you'd like. A great selection! The water pressure of the shower was great. Because of the cave like designs of the room, it gets a bit humid after a long shower.
The service of the staff was impeccable! Gold Suites was our secondary choice at first but once we got there, we wished we had booked more days!
Overall, a fantastic hotel and would love to come back if we got a chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on the highest point of the Santorini's Caldera cliffs, at Imerovigli, member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Gold Suites is an intimate complex of 14 Luxury Suites, all facing the sea level and lie amidst the stunning volcanic scenery and legendary sunset. Suites have Traditional Cycladic architecture, with modern touch and lavish details, designed to offer the ultimate in comfort and luxury. The swimming pool is set on the rim of the Caldera, offering spectacular views of the Aegean Sea. The pool lounge area is fitted with comfortable loungers allowing peaceful and unique moments of relaxation. The poolside bar provides the most intimate atmosphere where guests can enjoy refreshing cocktails, healthy smoothies, freshly juices and delicious snacks.Whether dining at lunchtime or enjoying the romantic candlelit evening setup, Gold Resto represents the Mediterranean and authentic Santorinian cuisine with delectable dining choices that promises an exceptional dining experience. Respecting our guests' preferences, our Chef can create and prepare custom menus for private in-suite or at the exclusive 4 table seating area that right by the poolside bar overlooking the Caldera and the impressive rock of Skaros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gold Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andromeda Gold Hotel Imerovigli
- Gold Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece