After 5 nights in our hotel in Fira we had the chance to stay 2 more nights on Santorini at Gold Suites in Imerovigla. The hotel is high on the mountain overlooking Skarros Rock with a great view on the caldera, the volcano island, Oia and Thirassia. Our room (number 2) was very spacious and luxurious with a large bathroom (no bath, but a huge walk-in shower), separate living room and bedroom. The room has a huge balcony with two sunbeds, a table and chair where breakfast is served, and - last but not least - a jacuzzi. From there one can truly enjoy a "millionaire feeling" with a glass of Santorini wine looking at the famous sunsets. A few stories down there is a small heated pool with a bar and terrace, where drinks and meals can also be served.
Manager Peggy and the rest of the staff at the hotel is doing everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. You certainly have to try hard to find some point of criticism on this fantastic hotel.
There are some advantages on staying in Imerovigli, which is a small village about a 25 minute walk north from Fira. Fira is really the main town on the Island, which lots of restaurants, hotels and shops. It also has the majority of the daily visitors from cruise ships, which make it very international, but sometimes also rather hectic. Oia is definitely the most beautiful town on the island, but it is on the far north point of the island, making access to the beaches at Perissa, Kamari and Akrotiri (red beach!) in the south more difficult. In the evening Oia is bustling with tourists, who all want to enjoy the sunset from the old castle that is more crowded that Christmas sales at Harrods.
If you are looking for a quiet spot on the island, with a central location towards the other towns, at walking distance from Fira, Imerovigli is an excellent choice. And without doubt, Gold Suites is among the best places to stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on the highest point of the Santorini's Caldera cliffs, at Imerovigli, member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Gold Suites is an intimate complex of 14 Luxury Suites, all facing the sea level and lie amidst the stunning volcanic scenery and legendary sunset. Suites have Traditional Cycladic architecture, with modern touch and lavish details, designed to offer the ultimate in comfort and luxury. The swimming pool is set on the rim of the Caldera, offering spectacular views of the Aegean Sea. The pool lounge area is fitted with comfortable loungers allowing peaceful and unique moments of relaxation. The poolside bar provides the most intimate atmosphere where guests can enjoy refreshing cocktails, healthy smoothies, freshly juices and delicious snacks.Whether dining at lunchtime or enjoying the romantic candlelit evening setup, Gold Resto represents the Mediterranean and authentic Santorinian cuisine with delectable dining choices that promises an exceptional dining experience. Respecting our guests' preferences, our Chef can create and prepare custom menus for private in-suite or at the exclusive 4 table seating area that right by the poolside bar overlooking the Caldera and the impressive rock of Skaros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gold Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andromeda Gold Hotel Imerovigli
- Gold Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece