My husband and I picked Santorini for our honeymoon and after a lot of searching and comparing on Trip Advisor we booked The Kapari and we couldn’t recommend enough. We had a warm welcome upon arrival, given a brief introduction to the area and hotel and then we learnt we had been upgraded to a suite (104) – which is stunning.
Our suite had cave style rooms with everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel, with kitchen, sitting area, dinning table and powerful shower. Everything was very comfortable, just right as well as being immaculately clean.
Outside our room there was a bench, perfect for an afternoon drink and snack as well as sun loungers. The main pool area is a bit small and there are guest rooms just metres away so it was nice to relax outside our room instead. There is also a fantastic Jacuzzi which looks out into the caldera – bliss.
The food is lovely at Kapari. There is a lot of choice at breakfast and the hot plates are particularly good as well as the selection of breads and pastries.
My husband and I never really have hotel snacks in the afternoon but after seeing some the dishes others were having we couldn’t resist. We found the snacks to be very reasonable and nice – highly recommended.
When we arrived we were told that 1800 in Oia was considered to be one of the best restaurants on the island and luckily we had also booked a table but the night before we went to the Kapari for special taster menu and I have to say it was far far better that 1800. Easily the best dinner we had on our honeymoon and we thoroughly enjoyed it, every dish was exquisite and beautiful, plus the combinations of ingredients were sensational.
One of the reasons why my husband and I loved The Kapari so much was due to the attentiveness of the staff. It is definitely the smallest hotel we’ve stayed in but we were never smothered. However with that said nothing is too much effort and every member of staff is eager to help. We can’t thank Antonis enough, we booked our stay with him and he was always on hand to give advice, book taxis etc. One morning we had a heart shaped cheesecake delivered which was such a lovely thought – and also very yummy!
As mentioned to pool is a bit small but is perfect for a quick dip and, being an infinity pool, is lovely to relax and look out across the Caldera. Many other hotels have pools which are on street level and therefore with people walking by can’t be as relaxing as the Kapari's. Also one thing for people considering The Grace, there is a footpath that is next to the main pool and whenever we walked by there seems to be an unfortunate smell of sewage – not sure if this would have been resolved but is surely very off-putting!
It’s worth going to Oia just to see the stunning sunsets but also for 1800, very nice – although not as nice as the Kapari.
There is also a square near the Kapari with two restaurants, we went to the Alvari twice and was very nice. The tables outside are always reserved so is worth popping down to arrange this beforehand.
We also went to the Blue Note which has great views and the food was OK.
My husband and I also went on a half day cruise which we arranged through the Kapari and would definitely recommend this. We were picked up at 2.30pm and travelling to the south of Santorini and then went to the red beach and also hot springs. Also had a lovely BBQ and local wine but the views of the sunset were the best bit.
Just want to thank Antonis and his team for making our honeymoon so special and unforgettable, we loved every second of it and would recommend The Kapari to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal mix’n’match: The distinctive Cycladic tradition meets minimalism! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli, boasting a majestic view of the caldera, KAPARI Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation of your life. A 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture, welcomes you with state-of-the-art personal services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Kapari Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapari Natural Hotel Imerovigli
- Kapari Natural Resort Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece