My wife and I travelled to Santorini in late September 2011. We stayed at the Kapari for 3 nights (9/24/2011 - 9/26/2011). If you are going to visit the Greek isles, I would absolutely recommend going to Santorini as the last stop. Our visit began as the courteous driver picked us up from the port and played soothing music as we ascended the cliffs during sunset. I think my wife teared up a little it was so nice. The service was impeccable during our entire stay. The hotel is not that large, only about 12 rooms or so, which is perfect because you get a very personal experience.
Hotel : Quiet, clean, comfortable, and BEST views on the island. The hotel is rated a 4 star and I was worried at first as I’ve read you should only stay at 5 star rated hotels. Not the case here, everything was well kept and it had all the frills. Beautiful breakfast area and fantastic evening sitting area with completely unobstructed views of the caldera. The hotel has an infinity pool which is small, but very nice and relaxing. Walking distance to a nice convenience store and several bars and restaurants.
Service : Top rate service. Antonis went above and beyond to provide the best service possible. It started with a friendly welcome to the hotel with a bottle of white wine and fruit platter and continued from there. He provided us with great restaurant recommendations and booked us on the santorini wine tour (www.santoriniwinetour.com) and a sunset dinner cruise (www.santorini-yachts.com) which were our 2 favorite activities on the island. A great example of the service I wanted to mention was that one night we were sitting on the deck area drinking wine and my wife was a bit cold. The waitress brought her a pashmina to wear!!!
Rooms : The hotel is built into the side of the cliffs so the rooms are “cave-style”. Every room has a big LED flat screen and modern touchscreen control system for temperature and lighting. The showers all have rainfall shower heads which was nice. We did have an issue which is why I only gave the rooms 4 stars in my review. We booked a Spa-Vanilla room and it wound up being the room directly under the kitchen area (I think it was room 201 or 208, can’t recall). The issue was that at night the bathroom became incredibly hot. We had to close the door to the bathroom just to keep the room slightly cool. After 2 nights, I asked to be moved to another room as we were uncomfortable. Antonis did not hesitate and moved us to an upgraded room (it had a private Jacuzzi on the roof). Again, complements to the great service we received.
Location : The hotel is in the town of Imerovigli which I feel is the best location on the island. It is the perfect location between Oia and Fira and directly in front of the caldera. Views are spectacular as the hotel is nestled on the cliffs about 1000 up from the water. There is a rock formation called Scaros which is directly in front of the hotel area and is a great hiking location. We did it every morning, you can get to the very top if you’re a bit adventurous.
Time of Year : September was a fantastic time to visit. The weather was warm during the day (low 80s F) to sun by the pool and swim. We only wore shorts and sandals during the day. Night was a bit cooler where a light jacket or long sleeve tee-shirt was nice to have, but not cold by any means. September is at the tail end of the season, so the crowds were already gone which was really nice. I would absolutely recommend going during September.
Thanks again to Antonis for a great experience!!!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal mix’n’match: The distinctive Cycladic tradition meets minimalism! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli, boasting a majestic view of the caldera, KAPARI Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation of your life. A 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture, welcomes you with state-of-the-art personal services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kapari Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapari Natural Hotel Imerovigli
- Kapari Natural Resort Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece