We recently returned from our heavenly stay in Santorini, which was one of the most beautiful destinations I have ever visited. This experience was made perfect by staying at the Kapari.
I have so many things to say about this wonderful resort, but will keep it simple. Everything from our room (we were upgraded on arrival), to the views (all rooms have a beautiful sea view), to the amazing service (this was possibly the best service I have had in my entire life, a special thank you to the two ladies who looked after us in the restaurant - you were fantastic, and so much fun!) was just perfect. I have nothing bad to say and cannot stress enough, that if you visit Santorini, you HAVE to stay here, otherwise you will miss out on such a beautiful, enchanting place. We met a couple at the resort and they were really upset that they had booked somewhere else for the last two nights of their stay in Santorini (they had done this just in case the hotel wasn't what they wanted) - they desperately wanted to stay on at the Kapari.
A few things to note:
1) Remember to take your driving licence with you, we found the best way to get around the Island is by quad bike (lots of fun)
2) The restaurants are much cheaper when there is no sea view (and just as good). There are also a couple of restaurants (Estea was one of them) located around the corner from the Kapari that are really nice and cheap (they don't have a sea view but you get that all day long!). You have to try the grilled squid while you're in Santorini, it's to die for!!
3) walk to Fira from the hotel (it takes about 25 minutes along the cliff - the views are breathtaking),
4) We found the best beach to swim at was the Perivolos beach, which most guests and staff agreed with, the water is lovely and it's a lot quieter than the others, it takes about 15-20 minutes to get there by car or bike from Kapari. All of the beaches have great bars and traditional tavernas along the strip which is perfect.
5) Visit Oia - apparently it's coveted for the sunset views but gets really really crowded (it is generally anyway). We often just stayed at the Kapari, had a glass of chilled wine and watched from the restaurant - just as good!!
6) Cabs are a bit of a nightmare from Fira - be prepared to wait about 30 minutes to get one.
7) If you don't like it unbearably hot (30 degree heat in the days but cool in the evening) stay in September - we thought this was the perfect temparature.
Believe all of the good reviews for Kapari, they are 100% correct, and I will be back there one day if I can help it!!
Enjoy - I'm jealous!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal mix’n’match: The distinctive Cycladic tradition meets minimalism! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli, boasting a majestic view of the caldera, KAPARI Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation of your life. A 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture, welcomes you with state-of-the-art personal services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Kapari Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapari Natural Hotel Imerovigli
- Kapari Natural Resort Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece