I stayed in Kapari for four nights with my new wife on honeymoon.
The welcome was excellent - we had arrived well before check-in time. Our bags were taken and were given a complementary first breakfast. Once we had been off for a brief walk (use the volcano-side footpath: don't try walking along the main road!), we returned to be settled into an upgraded room, which was beautiful.
The hotel is situated, like most others in Santorini, on the steep volcano-side of the caldera looking east. The hotel is in Imerovigli and about 25 minutes scenic walk from the main town Fira. It was fine to have dinner in Fira and then wonder back along the footpath. There are lots of steps and narrow pathways linking the various parts of the hotel and our room was about fifty yards from the main complex in the 'private residence'. It is not suitable for anyone very elderly or disabled.
The view from the whole hotel was stunning and only minimally overlooked (a rarity in Santorini). The general decoration is very classy with smoothly-plastered, slightly off-white walls and subtle lighting. Everything was spotless and our private jacuzzi was a perfect way to settle down and watch the sunset. Little touches like a bottle of local white wine and a basket of fruit on our first night were nice, the bed was big and comfortable, the entertainment system had more functions than we could possibly use (Wi-fi worked well) and the shower was large with good water pressure and lots of warm water. Only concern about the room: very little hanging space!
Food-wise the breakfasts were excellent. There was lovely fresh bread each morning, very tasty eggs made to order, lots of fruit and cereal and a huge selection of pies, quiches, cakes and other things to keep you occupied - we generally didn't need lunch. We ate dinner once in the hotel and were given a complementary heart-shaped honeymoon cake, which was lovely. We did feel that dinner let the hotel down slightly - it is expensive and a little unexciting when compared to a lot of the places downtown. The view from the terrace is, however, excellent.
Staff in the hotel spoke faultless English were generally very efficient and friendly.
Overall, accepting that it is expensive, this is an excellent place to stay in Santorini. Despite the expense, it appears to give good value when compared to its competitors locally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal mix’n’match: The distinctive Cycladic tradition meets minimalism! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli, boasting a majestic view of the caldera, KAPARI Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation of your life. A 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture, welcomes you with state-of-the-art personal services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Kapari Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapari Natural Hotel Imerovigli
- Kapari Natural Resort Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece