My husband and I were on our honeymoon and couldn't have chosen a better place to relax! First, we were able to get our rooms for a lower price by taking their "Name your price" option off the website. Though we arrived early in the morning at 6am and couldn't check in because it was full, we were still greeted with coffee and fresh juice to enjoy on the poolside.
Your breakfast is included and has great variety (and taste!) and the maid service comes in twice a day. I definitely recommend springing an extra few euros for the larger rooms (we stayed in Charm and Rose suites). Rooms were very clean, tastefully decorated, modern tvs and Netbook in each room to use. Wifi works great except if you are in one of the lower suites, but it didn't really bother us. You're on vacation and there's so much more to see than be on the Internet!
Walk to Fira was exhausting in the blazing sun! It's a lot more hot and longer if you take the path along the caldera than if you take the main road, but it's definitely more scenic. And there's always shade you can duck in if you need it.
We rented an ATV from Jimmy's which allowed us to go all over the island, and watch the sunset in Oia unobstructed (in imerovigli, the sun sets behind the volcano, but it's also nice to watch the sunset from your private outdoor jacuzzi if your suite has one). We also went to the black beach- I recommend keeping your flip flops on because the black sand will burn your feet!
Best meals were at Anogi which is a quick walk from the hotel. Better than any of the meals we had in Fira or Oia. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. The tomato balls were to die for. We ate 2 out of our 3 nights here! No view of the caldera or sea, but you spend the whole day sightseeing and taking pictures of the view so we didn't care.
Overall, wish we could stay longer. Absolutely blissful! Definitely recommend Above Blue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Above Blue Suites represents a new concept of sanctuary where ten suites perched in the highest point of the stiff cliffs, facing the endless blue of the Aegean Sea, combine harmonically the unique architecture of the famous Santorinian caves, with the sophisticated luxury and the particular decoration, offering generously a truly romantic atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Above Blue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Above Blue Hotel Imerovigli
- Above Blue Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece