I think Wow is the most appropriate word to describe the feeling when you first walk into the hotel reception which runs through the rock that forms the Caldera edge and where the perfume of beautiful flowers permeates the air. Past a tiny chapel and out through the doors to the amazing Caldera view, which every room in this small but very special hotel shares.
This hotel is so distinctive, with rooms that are luxurious, sheltered, private terraces, some with outside jacuzzis, in addition to the jacuzzi that graces every bathroom. Excellent service in the dining area made meal times a pleasure and an hour in the spa, including a massage and the use of all the spa facilities was another perfect part of our all too short stay at the San Antonio.
If you add the most helpful and courteous staff to whom nothing was a problem, lots of flowers and trees to soften the rock that the hotel is set in.and an infinity pool, which like everywhere else is maintained by a team who work throughout the day to provide a very comfortable and spotless environment. There was always someone available at reception - to give recommendations for places and restaurants to visit, advise, make arrangements for car hire, give information on bus times and book taxis - nothing was ever a problem.
Would I go back and stay at San Antonio again - most definitely - perhaps not in April because it was quite windy at times - but that proved to be our only problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty six luxurious suites, harmonically crafted into the encompassing interior of the rock, merge into shapes following the earth's own command. Façades covered with red solidified lava and black volcanic stones, outdoor lounges full of comfort and uninterrupted views to the Caldera... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your San Antonio Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel Santorini
- San Antonio Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece