“Absolute Bliss INDEED!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Absolute Bliss INDEED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I just returned from 6 days in Absolute Bliss paradise! Upon arrival, Sophia (the manager) acknowledged that we were there celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and offered us their freshly built suite (room #17). To say that it was incredible is an understatement! The room was beautifully decorated in elegant, but simple, décor…nothing extravagant needed to compete with the amazing view! The private pool, in-room hot tub, and huge sundecks (there were three!) made us never want to leave the room! Spectacular! My favorite part, however, was how serene it was. I was amazed that in an area with such a concentrated amount of people, it was so silent and peaceful. No noise from crowds or traffic. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, you can’t beat this.

The service was equally as fantastic. Sophia and her team were available at a moment’s notice to provide us with anything we needed, but were nonintrusive at the same time. On the mornings that we wanted to explore the island via car we rung her with the time we wanted it and she did the rest. The car was ready and waiting at the hotel’s entrance. When we were done at the end of the day, we just drove back to the hotel and Sophia arranged for it to be picked up by the rental company. It could not have been easier or less stressful! She also made several restaurant recommendations (Vanilia, Imerovigli Tavern, Pirouni, La Masion). All were delicious, but Imerovigli Tavern was our favorite! The eggplant saganaki is a MUST try!

Breakfast (included with the room price) was delivered to our room every morning with the food selections and time we requested. We loved the Greek omelet and yogurt with honey and nuts. Most of the other hotels we’d looked at did not include this service. It was SUCH a treat for this mama of a toddler!

There are definitely a fair amount of steps and hills to climb (which you’d get from any hotel in the area). If that’s an issue for you, you may want to just pick a different island altogether! It’s just part of the beauty of Santorini and comes with the territory. There is a mini mart on the street at the top of the hotel…good for toiletries, snacks, bottles of wine, etc. The bustling town of Thira (Fira) is about a 20-25 minute (mostly downhill) walk along a footpath that holds spectacular views of the caldera at every turn. Note that the walk is often uneven with cobblestones and stairs, so bring appropriate shoes. We didn’t make the walk to Oia (2-3 hours on foot), as I didn’t bring tennis shoes. Flip flops just wouldn’t cut it with the terrain. If you’re interested in this, definitely come prepared.

All in all, this hotel definitely has earned all the positive reviews. My husband and I have been fortunate to do quite a bit of travelling throughout Europe, USA, and Australia/New Zealand, and this absolutely tops the list. Thank you to Sophia and her team for an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank y2kucfgrad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked this hotel as a surprise to my girlfriend, she had no idea where we were staying until we pulled up to the stairs. Her reaction said it all; she was blown away by the view, unbothered by the 160 steps to the reception desk, impressed by Sofia's personality and the welcoming feel of the entire hotel, and couldn't believe bottle service and breakfast were served on our private balcony. The room service was quick, fairly priced and delicious with many options for all meals.

The room was clean with plenty of room for us to move around, but the bathroom was a bit small (something that didn't bother us at all). Sofia ordered us a car for 30 euros a day, so we drove everywhere (Thira was 5 minutes driving and Oia was 15-20 driving along a beautiful mountian road overlooking the sea and the lowlands of Santorini).

Overall a great experience and we would be happy to go stay here again if we ever end in Santorini again :)

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Sofia, the hotel manager, was one of the greatest hosts. She and her staff made us feel at home (or better than at home). She and her staff were very helpful and in a very friendly and warm way. The view from the hotel was gorgeous. My hubby and I sat in our balcony to enjoy the sunset in a very relaxing pace. We could sit quietly and leisurely with a glass of wine in hand to see the golden sun set. The breakfast was very generous in portion and can be enjoyed on balcony with the wonderful caldera view. We had room service one night, and the food was so tasty and the portion was very generous too. The location was excellent. It was about 15-mintue walk to Firostanfi, where there were restaurants and some shops. The walkway will lead you to Fira. The scene was breathtaking. A couple of restaurants, bus stop, car rental place, and market were nearby (all were a few minutes away). Great location, great host and staff, and great view!! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: The junior suite was amazing!
1 Thank lulu05
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Excellent service from all their staff! The manager, Sophia surprised us by urpgrading our stay from double room to their honeymoon suite for four nights! Breakfast is good and having it on the balcony is even more awesome. This hotel has one of the very best sunset views on this island. All in all, this makes your Santorini experience even more heavenly.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Absolute Bliss is a great name for this hotel. Sophia and her staff make you feel more like treasured friends or close relatives rather than just hotel guests. I travel a lot for business and this was one of the best hotels I've ever been to. It's also a great central location for site seeing with stunning views. Daily breakfast included was a feast and it had unexpectedly super fast internet speeds.

Room Tip: We recommend the room with a hot tub. Very relaxing after a long day of site seeing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

There's very little to say that hasn't already been said (I used Trip Advisor to find this place), but I will say this. This is my first Trip Advisor review, and I'm writing it 8 months after our honeymoon in Santorini. Since then, I've never forgotten my experience there. The best service I've ever had at a hotel. I'd highly recommend it to anybody looking for romance and/or R&R.

You may notice that every place on Santorini receives very positive reviews (made for difficult selection). That's because it's Santorini - basically heaven on earth. So regardless of where you stay, you're probably going to have an amazing time and think that your residence of choice is amazing because it's in Santorini. So maybe I'm in that number - I'm sure that's at least part of my enthusiasm. I still think a lot of it is Sofia and her staff. Maybe because I plan to go back and - as much as I like variety - I guarantee that my wife and I will spend at least part of our stay at Absolute Bliss.

Room Tip: Only 20 euros extra for the suites with a private jacuzzi
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Too amazing for words! Im so glad we picked this hotel. Sofia the manager made the reservation process so easy and very kindly offered us a lovely upgrade to the room with jacuzzi on the terrace when we checked in! It was glorious at all times of the day! We spent 3 nights there and have to say that Imerovigili is probably best location of Santorini as its a few minutes drive away from Fira's hustle and bustle.
The breakfast was served in the comfort of your room / terrace. There is a long flight of steps up to reach the road but if you go at a slow pace admiring the view and taking it all in, they are probably the best few minutes of the entire day.
We were 1 minute away from the mini mart and 3 minutes from the rent a car from where we got a quad bike and explored the island (another experience not to be missed).
Had a slight hiccup when the electricity and water stopped for 5 -10 minutes in the middle of the day but came on very soon.
All staff members were extremely helpful and offered best advice possible. Would love to go back again some time. Definitely recommend for honeymooners or couples. Absolute Bliss along with Santorini's beauty made it one of the most memorable vacations for us.

Room Tip: Well worth investing in the room with jacuzzi as there is nothing quite like starting or ending the...
1 Thank ToobaSherwani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Astra Suites
#7 of 48 in Imerovigli
Chromata Hotel
Chromata Hotel
#11 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Absolute Bliss Imerovigli Suites? Share your experiences!