“Good view”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

Decent food and a good view. But the interior design is ugly. Entrance is a bit weird but you will find it.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (300)

Reviewed June 23, 2019

Great restaurant, we went there many times with my girlfriend, the food is amazing and the owners are very very very nice ! This is a family business and we can feel the great vibes that comes with those places where customers satisfaction matters ! If you want local restaurant and not one of the numerous tourist traps that are popping all around the island, this is the place you are looking for.

1  Thank Ben6417
Reviewed June 3, 2019

My husband and I came here one night for dinner during our weeklong stay in Santorini. It was recommended by our hotel, and it did not disappoint. The food was some of the best that we had during our trip, and the view was really pretty. The service was ok (it wasn't busy when we visited, so I felt like the servers could have been more attentive) and there were some issues with flies (though we found that to be the case all over the island), but overall, we would definitely come back again because of the delicious food and the super cheap prices.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Food:
We loved this place for the food! We literally had the whole place to ourselves because the tourist craze hadn't kicked in yet but let me tell you... the food was on point! AND THEN to have that view while you enjoy a good meal... there is literally nothing better. This felt like a hole in the wall place. I got the eggplant dip and calamari and my boyfriend got some type of pasta dish I don't exactly remember. I was incredibly happy with both of my choices and basically licked the bowl clean of that eggplant dip. The calamari was INCREDIBLE! It was unlike anything I've seen before (refer to the included pictures) and was so tender (cooked to perfection). Highly recommend the food! We stopped here as a mid point between Fira and Oia as I had read some great reviews.. we are so so happy we did!

Service:
The only issue that we had was the service... we basically couldn't do the rest of our hike because the woman behind the counter was on her phone the whole time and didn't take our drink order, didn't come to ask for our appetizer order, didn't check us on to ask for our main course order, didn't bring us our check, basically didn't check on us at all until she was prompted. It was a hassle every step of the way. Every step of the way we had to kind of flag her down and being on vacation and getting lost in the moment is nice and all but it would've been nice to periodically be checked on.

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner here. I believe this is a family-owned restaurant. The husband cooks in the kitchen, and the wife serves the food with joy. It’s a welcoming, unpretentious taverna with a nice, albeit unspectacular view.

We experienced true hospitality. The food was simply amazing - very tasty and satisfying. We had a fillo appetizer filled with cheese and drizzled with honey (first appetizer on the menu), fried tomato balls, pork souvlaki, and chicken souvlaki (not pictured). I apologize that my pictures tended to get taken after I had taken a bite or two.

Additionally, we were served bread with a pink dip made from fish roe (fish eggs). I’m delighted that my wife tried it before she knew what it was. She thought it was some kind of yoghurt, but the saltiness gives it away.

I don’t want to go in great detail about the food, because you should simply experience it for yourself. The pork souvlaki was well seasoned, moist, and satisfyingly crunchy on the outside. I’m pretty sure everything on the menu is delicious.

We were served a complementary “orange pie” (more like an orange cake) which had the bottom drenched in a sweet sauce. It was absolutely to die for. We also received a small complementary bottle of herbed olive oil.

The proprietor-husband-chef left the kitchen for a bit to run to the gas station to pick up gasoline for a young couple who dined and had run out of gas in their ATV. That is real hospitality, and I can only hope that when people visit California, where I live, that they would be treated with the same welcoming kindness.

Lastly, this place was an incredible value. The bill for the two of us, before tip, was about 31 euros.

1  Thank Unsunder