“Amazing food, genuine hospitality, great value”
Review of To Steki tou Nikou

To Steki tou Nikou
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner here. I believe this is a family-owned restaurant. The husband cooks in the kitchen, and the wife serves the food with joy. It’s a welcoming, unpretentious taverna with a nice, albeit unspectacular view.

We experienced true hospitality. The food was simply amazing - very tasty and satisfying. We had a fillo appetizer filled with cheese and drizzled with honey (first appetizer on the menu), fried tomato balls, pork souvlaki, and chicken souvlaki (not pictured). I apologize that my pictures tended to get taken after I had taken a bite or two.

Additionally, we were served bread with a pink dip made from fish roe (fish eggs). I’m delighted that my wife tried it before she knew what it was. She thought it was some kind of yoghurt, but the saltiness gives it away.

I don’t want to go in great detail about the food, because you should simply experience it for yourself. The pork souvlaki was well seasoned, moist, and satisfyingly crunchy on the outside. I’m pretty sure everything on the menu is delicious.

We were served a complementary “orange pie” (more like an orange cake) which had the bottom drenched in a sweet sauce. It was absolutely to die for. We also received a small complementary bottle of herbed olive oil.

The proprietor-husband-chef left the kitchen for a bit to run to the gas station to pick up gasoline for a young couple who dined and had run out of gas in their ATV. That is real hospitality, and I can only hope that when people visit California, where I live, that they would be treated with the same welcoming kindness.

Lastly, this place was an incredible value. The bill for the two of us, before tip, was about 31 euros.

1  Thank Unsunder
Write a reviewReviews (301)

Reviewed May 26, 2019

We came here on the 5 day of our trip. The best food we’ve had all trip. So good we came back the next day. Excellent service. Killer location, high up on the side of a mountain with views of the ocean and several of the other Greek Islands beyond.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Great friendly restaurant, good tasty simple food. Very very reasonably priced and friendly helpful service.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

This is an amazing place to come to if you are looking for super delicious food, Greek food, sea view and super friendly staff. We are amazed by the service and the quality of food.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We just had a great lunch at this hidden germ on a walking trip from Qia. The food are great at very reasonable price, great view and we received such a warm welcome and service from the waiter. Who helped us to get a taxi to go back to Qia afterwards. The best restaurant we visited on Santorini. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank coofish